t11.bulletin - Impossible Penetration by Lennart Green

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
but my point is that we should consider what suits us more, there's no point in having insanely visual magic if you don't use it because it doesn't really suit you
Most definitely. One mans rubbish is another mans treasure as they say.
You're probably right, the majority of spectators will most likely come away from both effects being equally amazed but I think that Akira's has the potential to make the minority talk about you a lot more.

Basically what I'm trying to say is;

Lennart = cool bar trick

Akira = illusion that people will talk about for quite some time

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
Akira's is worth the larger price... it's the closest thing I've seen to real magic. Ever. In the Green video, the fingers obscure the view of the matches for the split second it takes to link and unlink them. Usually "visualness" isn't a factor to me in terms of quality (For instance, I much prefer Aaron Fisher's "The Graduate" to Dan and Dave Buck's "Uzumaki") but here it seems the price difference between Fujii's and Green's products is quite justified by the fact that those damn cigarettes NEVER leave view and they just melt through each other in a way that words can't do justice to. Fujii's looks like a movie special effect. Green's looks like a magic trick.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results