Justin Miller & bSmith Lecture

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
I want to post this not as an argument starter, but as an opinion. A lot of bad things have been said about Justin Miller and bSmith. Before I went to this lecture yesterday, I thought all these bad things being said were ridiculous. If you ask me, I don't care what Justin, bSmith, you, or anyone else does in their free time. It isn't my place to judge.

After the lecture, my opinion is even stronger. Justin and b. are two awesome guys and I have no idea why anyone has anything bad to say about these guys. They are funny and they are incredibly nice and way cool to hang out with.

The lecture in itself was badass. They taught A LOT of great material and gave a lot of strong advice and were entertaining and funny and always had people up helping. BTW, Justin, that floating ring you asked me to help you with...man that looked sweet.

After the first half of the lecture, they started selling their products. Unfortunately, due to money being tight, I couldn't get the $200 deal for everything they had. I bought Psypher and Universal Impression and got Digital Conviction for free (for spending over $20). All that cost me $50. I was only able to spend $XX more (don't want to give away how much) so I asked Justin to help me decide between Rizer, Freedom Pack, or Captured. He asked b.Smith what he thought and came back to me and said "Come talk with us after the lecture is over."

The second half was just as awesome as the first half. They taught many things, along with Captured. At the end of the lecture, we were standing by their table as they were cleaning stuff up. Justin got everything off the table and missed "The Cloak" DVD. He asked if it was anyones and I said "Nah that's one of the one's you had out to sell." He said "alright well it's yours now" and handed it to me. Way cool! Then, I talked to him about what I should buy. They didn't give me captured, since they taught it, but they gave me Freedom Pack AND Rizer for the little amount of money I had to spend. These guys are way nice and I definitely didn't expect this. They also signed all of Cody, Anthony, and my DVD's and took pictures with us which was way cool

THEN, I asked Justin if I could show him my Ziplocked effect that I came up with. When he said yeah, Danny Garcia told Justin that it looked way cool (that meant a lot to me for Danny to say that)! I managed to get through the effect despite how badly I was shaking because I was performing for Danny Garcia, Justin Miller, and b.Smith. I couldn't even hold the bag still. However, I tossed the coin at the bag, it went in, and the words that came out of Justin Miller's mouth was "What the f***...." lol. Wow, that felt so great to have gotten a reaction like that out of Justin. I told him how it worked and he said that he hadn't even THOUGHT of that being my method and he said my subtlety was awesome. The only thing I still need is a clean up.

After they had everything cleaned up, we walked outside, and they STILL hung around and chatted with us for 15 or 20 minutes and Justin even taught us a few more things that they didn't teach in the lecture!

I just wanted to type this up to, one, say thank you to Justin and b., and two, for you guys to see my experience and hear my opinion on these two guys. I think these guys are awesome, they're funny, and real nice guys! Being that Danny was there, that just made it way funnier!

Honestly, I'd give anything to be able to chill with these guys, and Danny too!

Thanks Justin, and thanks b.! You guys are awesome!

yea i cant say anything about b, but ik justin just loves to share things. whenever he is online chatting or w/e he always throws tons of stuff our way. he is very generous. the negative stuff comes more from business interactions tho. ive never had problems as that i have bought everything thru penguin or E, so i cant say how dealing personally with him business like. but yea hes pretty generous with his teaching.

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
My god... First Danny, then David Blaine, than these guys... you are so lucky... Man, what I wouldn't give to live in USA. Oh well :(
Anyways, I always new those guys were cool, I'm even prepering a video to show to Justin as a modification of one of his effects. Glad that you had such a great time.

Dec 20, 2009
Mumbai, India
My god... First Danny, then David Blaine, than these guys... you are so lucky... Man, what I wouldn't give to live in USA. Oh well :(

I say that to myself alot too, But then I came to the conclusion that I'd be better off with a teleporting machine, so I can live here, but teleport wherever I like :p

Rob,
Its great that you enjoyed the lecture. I really don't know too much about whats going on, so I'd rather not say anything, but I think its great that they shared so much and you had a good time. Ultimately, thats what matters the most.

- Jenai

Sep 11, 2007
Houston TX
I was there and it was awesome!!
Im not trying to be funny or anything but i really liked the whole straw routine B was showing us. Cant wait to hit the club this weekend and try it out.
justin miller, freedom pack- He perform that deja vu plot, and there was this part where he got me bad lol
b. smith- his stuff is just insane!
Im glad i went

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Heck yeah man it was good to meet ya! I loved that Deja Vu plot! I really liked that WH Transpo too! And yeah, b. Smith's stuff is nuts too!

Oh yeah and that straw deal was awesome! Hilarious that he couldn't get it too lol he was like "Oh no...I'm pissed now...I'm gonna do this straw thing" hahaha

JD

Jul 5, 2009
Longview, Texas
I saw this lecture a week or so ago. It was brilliant. JM's floating ring was sick! We were the last ones there and they hung out with us for like 20 minutes. I ended up buying psypher, glitch, vapor, thruline, frequency, and cellblock. My psypher sharpie was screwed up, I contacted B on facebook, and he's sending me another one. Both of them are amazing guys.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
I saw this lecture a week or so ago. It was brilliant. JM's floating ring was sick! We were the last ones there and they hung out with us for like 20 minutes. I ended up buying psypher, glitch, vapor, thruline, frequency, and cellblock. My psypher sharpie was screwed up, I contacted B on facebook, and he's sending me another one. Both of them are amazing guys.

I loved his floating ring! He actually called me up to help with that effect! I agree, I don't have a single bad thing to say about these guys

Oct 17, 2010
Athens, Greece
@R.K. magician78 Wow i wish i had the opportunity to meet all these guys too.. I live in Greece and there are no lectures here.. So i was thinking during summer i should organize a trip to the US or UK to attend some lectures. But i need to know the dates way too early. Is there any site i can be informed about upcoming lectures and how to book tickets for them? Or should I look up at the official sites of the performers i like? Thanks a lot and sorry for my English.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results