t11 Bulletin :: New Release - ECLIPSE by Eric Jones

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Eric Jones presents a smooth, effective color change, a seamless, undetectable switch, and a practical utility move all rolled into one. Learn all three applications. This is Eclipse.

The card is held at your fingertips, and every motion is motivated, natural, and precise. Learn how to execute a beautiful one-handed switch, an elegantly visual color change, or a stealthy replacement - all in 25 minutes of precise instruction by one of magic's most respected artists.

These applications are just scratching the surface. Apply this utility into your Ambitious Card Routine. Use it as a Double Lift Replacement. Use it as a color change - plus much more. This versatile move can be used in many different ways, limited only by your imagination.

:: See Details - Eclipse by Eric Jones

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Looks cool, but it's far from practical, it looks like a very angle sensitive move.

Besides in my opinion it looks way too "skillful" A simple double lift is as natural as you can get to real magic. Why would you like to substitute that for a harder more unnatural move?

Well of course depending on the presentation that you are giving.

I can see this as a great purchase for move monkeys :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 1, 2010
Hong Kong
Looks cool, but it's far from practical, it looks like a very angle sensitive move.

Besides in my opinion it looks way too "skillful" A simple double lift is as natural as you can get to real magic. Why would you like to substitute that for a harder more unnatural move?

Well of course depending on the presentation that you are giving.

I can see this as a great purchase for move monkeys :)

You are probably right.

But this is advancing the art of Magic. It's always exciting when a new idea emerges, even if it is not better than the old sleight.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
This is a move that has many, many applications. For those that think this may be too flourishy for you - that need not be the case. Multiple applications of the move are explained within the video, and many of which are completely nonchalant and done without attention or any strange movements. It simply looks like you're placing the card down on top of the deck. In the process, it changes. A one handed top change. There are several historical credits for this type of move, and Eric does a great job in the video of breaking down his specific inspirations in creation of the Eclipse technique.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results