my grandpa just gave me some cool coins

Jan 14, 2011
which make me start to think since im into card magic
coin magic might be my thing

he gave me two coins(its in myr btw)
a coin which was only circulated in 1959-1979
and
a coin which was circulated in 1981 to 19 85
they look old and beat up(which makes it look cool imo)

so where should i start?
I failed trying to learn from books (rrtcm)

atinfinity

Elite Member
Dec 5, 2010
I recommend Metal by Eric Jones as a good starting point. This DVD teaches the basics of coin magic to the more intermediate sleights. Eric covers everything you need to know about every move. The DVD is definitely is a great investment.

Timaalilt

Banned
Jan 16, 2011
Ireland
www.shopofbrides.com
Thanks for the tip, Andreas.

Does Irfanview have automated features? The thing is, I can easily do cropping in photoshop, its just a tedious task for 200 coins, so Im looking to automate it without having to spend the time learning java in order to write one simple script.

Best,
Dmitry

Jan 21, 2011
If your truly wish to get into coins I would start by buying Bobo's modern coin magic and the first DVD in the same name. The DVD takes you through the book effect by effect but the book only being $10 is worth having. Read the effect in the book then watch it on the DVD. Go back to the book and reread. Learning from books is invaluable in most areas of magic, especially coins. Having this resource in both print and DVD allows you to learn not only coin magic but how to learn from books. When you get the first DVD down then buy the second and once again follow along with the book that you already have. It took 4 DVDs to show 90% of what is in the one $10 book. This is why books are the best way to go, They give you allot for little. Modern Coin Magic is concerned the bible of coin magic and it is the place to start for any coin worker. From there you can branch out to Roth's expert coin magic book and 3DVD's, then the Roth 4 DVD ultimate coin magic. These don't follow the book but they have most of what's in the book. Ruebensteins encyclopedia of Coin magic is the next stop I would make as it is literally an encyclopedia on DVD of coin sleights. From here I would work through the New York Coin Seminar 13+ DVDs. From this point the sky is the limit. You will be extremely well versed in coin magic and can move on to whatever you want. Though I have only listed two books on the subject there are a wealth of books on the matter at hand and most of them have allot of hidden gems that most newer magicians have never even heard of. This is the second reason why it is good to learn from the books.

Red

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results