Criss Angel Vs Wayne Houchin

Dec 1, 2010
Criss Angel Vs. Wayne Houchin. OK what's the background story? Did these two guys have a falling out or whats the deal? I saw them do coin through soda dvd, are they friends or what tell me the story?!?!?!?

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
Wayne Houchin use to consult for Criss during the taping of his first season of Mindfreak, Wayne taught Criss several tricks, including Sinful(Quarter through soda can) and Thread. Now if you're asking why Wayne still isn't consulting for Criss; Wayne wanted to do his own thing. To release his own DVDs on his own website. I'm sure Criss and Wayne don't hate each other. Wanye is just doing his own thing.

Sep 1, 2007
Why does everyone hate Criss Angel SO bad? can I get a top 10 reasons???

Here is a reason big enough to count as the 10 reasons you asked for.

Years before the well known "Masked Magician" had his tv shows, there was a show in the very early 90's called "Secrets Revealed".

It was a show about all sorts of secrets, not just magic. For the segment on magic, they were going to expose the thin model sawing in half illusion.

But first, it was performed.....by Chris Angel. Then they have this guy with his face covered and his voice altered who proceeds to expose the illusion.

Upon closer look of this person, you can see he had long black hair in a pony tail. And even though his voice was altered, you couldn't hide his lisp, which you could hear very clearly. We all know that Chris Angel has long black hair and a lisp.

Case Closed. Chris Angel - The Original Masked Magician

iamspade:

Please check out the forum rules located here: http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?15-theory11-Official-Forum-Rules

As to your questions about why people dislike Criss, use the search bar located near the top right corner of the page. There are tons of threads on this. Please do not try to bring the threads back. We here at theory 11 (please excuse me if you feel otherwise guys) don't like to bring up discussions like this.

Mehar

Jun 10, 2010
iamspade:

Please check out the forum rules located here: http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?15-theory11-Official-Forum-Rules

As to your questions about why people dislike Criss, use the search bar located near the top right corner of the page. There are tons of threads on this. Please do not try to bring the threads back. We here at theory 11 (please excuse me if you feel otherwise guys) don't like to bring up discussions like this.

Mehar

Actually, I think it's healthy for the magic community to truly understand WHY they're hating on Criss Angel, rather than conforming to the popular notion just because he supposedly uses 'camera tricks', when if you think about it, all stage performers have secrets. Everybody's just hating on Criss because they think they figured out the method to his illusions..

Aug 14, 2010
New Zealand
iamspade:

Mehar

Looks like SOMEONE'S trying a bit hard....
But to answer the question I don't mind Criss Angel, I just don't like his illusions. The fact that most of his tricks are done through camera work is quite lame imo.

Jun 10, 2010
But to answer the question I don't mind Criss Angel, I just don't like his illusions. The fact that most of his tricks are done through camera work is quite lame imo.

Let's get something straight. They're not "camera tricks". They're illusions built which can actually be done live which just happened to be aired on TV. That being said, are you now against every stage magicians who uses big props and illusions?

I may not like the style Criss Angel has, but atleast it's better than ranting about him for using stuff every stage magician does.

Not sure why you said that...

Anway, @Sabor, I'm simply saying that they're are many threads on this topic. Why doesn't he search it up, come back to us, and if he still has any questions feel free to ask! It seemed to me that if he sniffed around the previous threads we won't have to discuss this again.

Sep 1, 2007
I may not like the style Criss Angel has, but atleast it's better than ranting about him for using stuff every stage magician does.

Does every stage magician go on tv, hide his face and expose a classic illusion?

Let me make myself clear, I don't hate Chris Angel -- I don't know him. I'm sure he is a nice guy. I simply do not respect him as a magician or performer. He sold out early in his career. Read my post earlier in this thread for details.

If this type of discussion is to continue, I think it should continue for valid reasons.

Jun 10, 2010
Not sure why you said that...

Anway, @Sabor, I'm simply saying that they're are many threads on this topic. Why doesn't he search it up, come back to us, and if he still has any questions feel free to ask! It seemed to me that if he sniffed around the previous threads we won't have to discuss this again.

Yeah, right. Read this again:

iamspade:

Mehar

You make it sound like people here aren't allowed to talk about Criss Angel just because a few people aren't mature enough to talk about him without bashing him for "camera tricks" because some youtube kiddies tried to expose his illusions.

Sep 1, 2007
Yeah, right. Read this again:

You make it sound like people here aren't allowed to talk about Criss Angel just because a few people aren't mature enough to talk about him without bashing him for "camera tricks" because some youtube kiddies tried to expose his illusions.

Have you read either of my posts? This shouldn't be about kids exposing his illusions, or what his methods are. We all have methods I am sure normal audiences would also feel is somewhat underhanded or cheating.

Read my posts again. Chris Angel himself went on national tv and exposed a classic illusion. He attempted to hise his identity, but to those who see and hear him often enough, it wasn't enough.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results