Videography

Hi everyone,

I was trying to get some information on the type of camera that Theory11 uses for their DVD's. I have a camera crew that will be filming in Times Square but need a good camera. Better than the one I have now. Thanks for your help.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
I'm not sure if they use it for all their DVD's but JB said they used a Canon EOS Rebel T2i. The camera itself retails for around $800 I think.

Jan 21, 2011
Look into the Canon XH A1 series cameras and the Panasonic AG-DVX100B style video cameras Both have been used to shot many independent films and movies both can usually be found for about 2,500 to 3,000 and both are very high quality cameras. you don't need to go this high end though but if you want a truly professional Camcorder for less than 3,000 then these are the ones i would look into.

Red

CAndrew

Elite Member
Jan 12, 2011
Having a crew and location and no camera? Really? But seriously I get great footage from an ILC as seen here: http://vimeo.com/19377595 . All i did was some basic color grading and adding a vignette in post production. If you get a $3000 camera and not use it to its full potential then theres no point in getting it. If you really are serious I think you would already have a camera, but you don't. I suggest a T2i for now, maybe a 5D mark II if you're more advanced. As redwulfe said the XH A1 Is also a good camera. I would suggest asking a question like this somewhere like Creative Cow though, not a magic website. Also you have to keep in mind HOW you want to shoot. In the house finally with the 5D mark II, they wanted to have House really stand out compared to the background, and an SLR allowed that. For you it might be different

EDIT: also read this http://community.dananddave.com/esquire/cameras-filming-editing-9781.html Allan's post might be what you're looking for

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 9, 2010
Canon t2i is great but if you want to step it up get a 5D or a 7D

This^ my brother films weddings and also makes short videos on youtube, he uses the 5D, but the 7D is also good, just a cheaper model.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results