What's your Favorite Deck?

The right deck can really help your audience get a good feel for your magic, so I'd like to see everyone's opinion on your favorite and why. I personally like the Bicycle Ghost and White Arcanes because they're sleek elegant and match my style perfectly. Unfortunately I haven't tried any T11 decks yet though. Please post your opinion and let the best deck win.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveF

Elite Member
Nov 3, 2010
A deck really defines your magic and how your entire routine works

What about having a personality? A deck of cards defines your magic????? I would say your personality defines who you are and in turn what ever you do, whether it's magic or what ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry if you misunderstood me. I'm just saying that a deck helps. Your personality is what drives your performance, but a deck is what it drives with. I'm sorry if that came out wrong; a good personality is infinitly better than a good deck. I just wanted to see what other magician's opinions were. My apoligies to both of you.

SteveF

Elite Member
Nov 3, 2010
I'm sorry if you misunderstood me. I'm just saying that a deck helps. Your personality is what drives your performance, but a deck is what it drives with. I'm sorry if that came out wrong; a good personality is infinitly better than a good deck. I just wanted to see what other magician's opinions were. My apoligies to both of you.

No apology needed. Just giving an opinion, which by the way doesn't mean I'm right.

Jan 18, 2011
im not a card flourisher myself, im more involved in structured and routined magic effects. so my choice of cards would be tally-ho cards

Jun 10, 2010

I'm not going to answer the question but propose a different problem instead of yours. You suggest that the deck will drive the personality, so a person shouldn't be who they are while performing - instead, conform to a deck based on the design. I don't follow the deck should follow your personality philosophy a whole lot, but it makes sense when you start performing with black arcanes and you're the most cheerful person the people you perform for have ever met. Just my quick 2 cents.

I agree that it's best for your deck to match your personality while you're performing to maximize the effect. Because no ones going to take you seriously if you use a super expensive custom made black skull deck if you're trying to be happy and cheerful in your routine the entire time. It's like wearing a tux to play football you use different decks when it's appropriate. I'm not saying any single deck is bad, that's a complete matter of opinion, I'm just saying that they need to match the style of performance you're using.

Dec 26, 2009
I agree that it's best for your deck to match your personality while you're performing to maximize the effect. Because no ones going to take you seriously if you use a super expensive custom made black skull deck if you're trying to be happy and cheerful in your routine the entire time. It's like wearing a tux to play football you use different decks when it's appropriate. I'm not saying any single deck is bad, that's a complete matter of opinion, I'm just saying that they need to match the style of performance you're using.

I think what you meant was, it's like a magician like William Draven or Dan Sperry using a deck of Pink Bikes or a deck of Rainbow Back Bikes. IMO, there is nothing wrong with it but it would not add to their character. As a magician, if you have a "character", the tools we use (coins, cards, large props) are part of your personality and part of you. They may not take away from the performance but they will not add anything to the performance. That being said I have to contradict myself a bit because of Dan Sperry's performance of Lifesaver to the song Magic Moments. The song and they way Dan saws his neck to the music makes the effect. The happy go lucky music Dan uses for that performance is what makes that effect great IMO.

Personally, I never perform in public with anything that is not red or blue. The only time I do is if I use Bicycle Ecos. I prefer using either Bikes, Arrcos or Aladdins. I am a plain-Jane kind of guy.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results