Saturday Night Contest - Super Bowl Prediction!

Jun 10, 2010
I find that last sentence pretty offensive. This is literally a guess for everyone (especially those of us who don't watch football) and a guess requires no skill at all. And they're lacking brains? I find it pretty smart to go with professional predictions...

Really? I find it odd that the competition is asking for their predictions, not Joe Madden's. And here's why I think so, if you actually understood everything Casey said in the first post.

Yo guys and gals! Time to put your mind reading to the test…

You are going to predict who will win the Super Bowl, and what the final score will be. Tough challenge, but the prize is well worth it and quite unique! You only get one prediction, one guess, and if you change or edit your post after tonight at midnight, you'll be publicly disqualified (so don't try to cheat - we're watching!).

The FIRST person to correctly guess the winner AND the score will win. If no one is correct, then the prize will go to whoever is closest. Either way, someone WILL win. Winner will be determined tomorrow night after the game ends.

@AsherF:

There's a Madden NFL simulation prediction?

Yes, there is. The simulation plays out the entire game based on statistics and strengths and such, I don't know the full details. I do remember, however, that the simulation predicted Steelers will draw first blood and beat the Packers 24-20. Madden's simulation has accurately predicted 6 of the last 7 Super Bowl wins, and the scores have been pretty dang close. Here's a video showing the simulations of the highlights it predicts:

[video=youtube;YwYijHKtVUY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwYijHKtVUY&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Joseph C

Really? I find it odd that the competition is asking for their predictions, not Joe Madden's.

I certainly wouldn't want Joe's prediction. His cousin, John, though, is a different story.

All my point was was that people were not checking to see if their prediction had already been taken (like in the "pick a card" contests).

Anyways, I'm sure I will win because earlier today I wrote the prediction, put it in an envelope, addressed it, put a stamp on it, and handed it to Casey. I then invited him to put the letter in any mailbox in town. (why he has to mail it and cannot just hang onto it, I do not know). The following day (or whenever the letter happens to arrive), alone at home, Casey's brain will slowly disassemble itself and finally shut down, trying to figure out how I knew. The accurate prediction will make me the recipient of the signed football. This is a reputation maker, people!

Note: this will work with foreign postal services!

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
I know I'm a little late, but here goes everything: Steelers 24 - 17

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
I certainly wouldn't want Joe's prediction. His cousin, John, though, is a different story.

All my point was was that people were not checking to see if their prediction had already been taken (like in the "pick a card" contests).

Anyways, I'm sure I will win because earlier today I wrote the prediction, put it in an envelope, addressed it, put a stamp on it, and handed it to Casey. I then invited him to put the letter in any mailbox in town. (why he has to mail it and cannot just hang onto it, I do not know). The following day (or whenever the letter happens to arrive), alone at home, Casey's brain will slowly disassemble itself and finally shut down, trying to figure out how I knew. The accurate prediction will make me the recipient of the signed football. This is a reputation maker, people!

Note: this will work with foreign postal services!
Well, that's interesting...

No seriously though, it will work.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results