Secretly adding cards to the deck in the middle of a peformance.

Mar 24, 2009
Yes, but what if the card you want to add is in your pocket or a similar location? Anything for that?

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Yes, but what if the card you want to add is in your pocket or a similar location? Anything for that?

Then you'll definitely want...

Gambler's Cop 1on1
http://www.theory11.com/tricks/gamblers-cop-jason-england.php

I also reccomend the palming posted above.

Being in your pocket just makes palming easier in some respects...

an easy solution would be to leave the secret cards in the card box (or your pocket). Do some tricks, then do something either not card related or something that involves putting cards in your pocket (i.e. to make the trick more difficult, you'll get rid of the cards OR maybe card to pocket etc). So you put the deck back in the box (or back in your pocket, wherever these secret cards are) and you finish your effect. Then when you go to retrieve the deck you take it out AND the secret cards.

BUT as everyone else said, I do highly suggest you learn palming and copping cards because they are incredibly useful skills.

Jun 1, 2009
I had this issue a few weeks ago while performing. I had a gimmicked card I was going to use, but I was going to do some other effects before it. I put it in my jacket pocket and did some effects, and while people are reacting I casually palmed the card off (or sometimes blatantly grabbed it out), put it in the deck where I needed it, and did the effect. So yes, palming helps, and maybe a jacket pocket would work better than a pants pocket since it seems less shifty.

Jacob

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results