Custom card design. Tell me what you think.

Do you like this card design?

• Total voters
Dec 1, 2010
I like the black a lot. I would just put white borders. The design in the middle is to complicated, i would take that down a notch. Also the corners are to glowing. I would see how it looks with those changes.

Dec 1, 2010
(Just so ya all know I'll be changing the post constantly as the design gets better)

Kinda curious what would you think if I did a design in gold and put that behind the hearts? Also the poll kinda shows that the amount of people who like it are split in half. What do you think I could do to make the design better and more likable?

I think I've finally decided how I want my deck to look. I still need to add borders though. Here's the two colors I like:

perfect+background.jpg

new whiteout (I just think it blends better):
new+whiteout.jpg

Joker ideas:

first+try+at+joker+darker+version.jpg

first+try+at+joker+blended.jpg

Here's my blog if you want to see all the different ideas I've been going through:
http://acuretomyboredom.blogspot.com/search/label/cards

Also quick question, suppose I went to bicycle and had them print me off their 10,000 deck deal or 100 decks or really just any deal (sorry I wasn't clear on this before). Would I be legally allowed to resell the cards?
The images don't work.

Dec 1, 2010
Okay that's cool, it was just an idea.

I like the joker just that it looks to much like a drawing, also i would like to see the black card with my suggestions. The text is also a little weird. You don't have to take my suggestions. My suggestions are
I like the black a lot. I would just put white borders. The design in the middle is to complicated, i would take that down a notch. Also the corners are to glowing. I would see how it looks with those changes.
Thanks!

I tried it a little with the corners on the dark one a little less glowing, but it looked really weird to me, as for putting a border I'm thinking of photoshoping the image onto some playing cards sometime within their white borders so you can kinda see what they'll really look like. I just haven't had a chance to do that yet. If you'd really like though I can post a toned down version on the dark one, and you can tell me what you think. It might just be me that thinks it looks strange. As for the middle design maybe I could just cut out two of the hearts and just have two facing opposite directions, but I'm not sure if that's an idea I like. I dunno, but I'll definitely try to get a picture up with borders on it sometime soon.

Dec 1, 2010
I tried it a little with the corners on the dark one a little less glowing, but it looked really weird to me, as for putting a border I'm thinking of photoshoping the image onto some playing cards sometime within their white borders so you can kinda see what they'll really look like. I just haven't had a chance to do that yet. If you'd really like though I can post a toned down version on the dark one, and you can tell me what you think. It might just be me that thinks it looks strange. As for the middle design maybe I could just cut out two of the hearts and just have two facing opposite directions, but I'm not sure if that's an idea I like. I dunno, but I'll definitely try to get a picture up with borders on it sometime soon.
I would like to see a dimmer dark one. Also, I like the four hearts, the inside is to complicated, meaning to many symbols and so on. Thanks!

Jul 21, 2009
Townsville, Australia
Also quick question, suppose I went to bicycle and had them print me off their 10,000 deck deal or 100 decks or really just any deal (sorry I wasn't clear on this before). Would I be legally allowed to resell the cards?

Quite sure u could resell them, but tbh your probably way over your head if your really trying to sell 10,000 decks, if u were gonna buy that many you should probably hire a professional to do the design for you. http://www.card-shark.de/index.cfm?page=16&lang=en&shop=true&Category=6 is a pretty good shop to get custom decks made, they do as little as 1 deck i think to however many u need.

Oh sweet site, thanks yano. Does anyone happen to know where I could get some card stock (I'm not sure if this is the proper term) to print my own cards? Cause I have a buddy who has this printer type thing that he said would probably work for cards I just gotta get the card stock to print them on.

I haven't done anything in three years cept for this past week, but before that I was doing it for around 3-4 years. So I know my design isnt great, but I know wont get better unless I actually start practicing this stuff again and my first try at it again was this playing card design.

Aug 26, 2010
I am not particularly fond of fancy back designs (with the exception of Bicycle Guardians, which is a work of art in itself) and yours looks too fancy for my taste.
As an advice, I think you should remove the white tribal thingies from the corners because they take the focus away from the clover in the center. I like the underlying texture you've used, though.

first of all the design is great but i feel that it isn't just what we magicians would like to use for magic for flourshing. I belive that we like to have designs that is easier to understand at glance. I am sorry but i just don't know what is actually in the design, the shapes and all. But overall. if you give it more color i might buy it. Cause it looks kinda cool :) Haha keep trying man! Never give up!

Thanks for the input dude it's really encouraging, I'll try it with color once I get a chance again, lol. I also think you're right about it being a card design and being too complicated, I think I'm going to maybe make it into a shirt design instead cause I might actually be able to get a profit out of that. I'll still try and make a cool deck design though.

Jul 23, 2009
take the second design on your first post and use it as the main background. then take the center piece of the first design and split the four shapes into the corners of the second design, as if they were the ongels on a pack of bikes. Does this make sense?

take the second design on your first post and use it as the main background. then take the center piece of the first design and split the four shapes into the corners of the second design, as if they were the ongels on a pack of bikes. Does this make sense?

It doesn't quite make sense. Here could you maybe link to the photos on my blog and tell me what you mean using the photos?
The only reason it doesn't make sense is cause I can't remember what I had up when I first posted the thread.

Man I realllllly like em. I don't know why.

Thanks man it means a ton!

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results