Criss Angel... This Is How We Should Be...

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
I've never had to use magic to pick girls up. Ever. Maybe because I've worked hard on my people skills? I go to the gym? I don't talk to them like they're objects? There are no women skills there are only people skills.

you know what's worse? People claiming that psychology can back any of this bs up. No science can tell you how people work, nor how they think/behave with any certainty. Most papers written on the subject should start off by saying "in a lab, where we control all the conditions, the majority of people did X,YandZ"

I beg to differ...of course there are women skills...it`s because they think a lot different to men, so you have to comprend how they think...not what they are thinking...

anyway...I never said that you should use magic to pick up girls...is about combining elements of charm, sexyness, confidence, seduction and other PUA stuff to enhance your persona and your magic...

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Being a TV star does help in that regard, whearas if you tried it on when performing street magic or a close up show, the chances of being rejected are considerably higher. Ah well, it's a gamble and if you think the girl's kiss is worth the gamble go for it!

oh!! Welcome to the forums buddy!!!

and as I said before...if you show all the elements like confidence, charm and mystery...you could actually make it happen...I do not recomend it unless you are ready to go for it...

Sep 1, 2007
I beg to differ...of course there are women skills...it`s because they think a lot different to men, so you have to comprend how they think...not what they are thinking...

anyway...I never said that you should use magic to pick up girls...is about combining elements of charm, sexyness, confidence, seduction and other PUA stuff to enhance your persona and your magic...

Alright maybe you're missing my point. Maybe I'm missing yours. So I'll humor you, please explain to me how they think differently than us. And how they comprehend and process information. Don't hesitate to cite the articles the information was published in

lets make this a short pointless thread. As magicians we need to have confidence. Thats it. what does criss kissing women have to do with real magic. yea its funny. we can also be perverted and get laughs like bill malone. but we dont have to resort to old tricks from romantic comedies of the 90s to get laughs or to feel popular or like a better magician.

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
Do you not read?

I clearly said

You need to already have the people skills, and all the abilities to already pick up women, adding magic is just another tool. If that is all you have then you wont succeed.

youtube.com/aaactionman
A buddy of mine, who a few years ago set out on a mision to become a pua. Watch his videos, do some research, then if you claim that science (in this case, the study of what women are attracted to) is bs, then you just have your head clearly to far up your ass.

Apr 1, 2009
California
The lesson we can learn from criss is confidence. Women don't always want to go out and be flirted with. Keep in mind who this girl is. It could be someone's girlfriend or wife. Build the rapport, get to know them before trying this. You also run the risk of appearing as though you're only out to use magic as a way to pick up women. I know what one my girlfriend, soon fiancee, over was that I wasn't trying to get in her pants ever day, I just wanted to spend time with her. What do you want from woman? I also know that simply smiling and opening doors for them is pure magic to them. Also looking them in the eyes. you can be flirty with magic, just don't make that your purpose. It'll probably do more wonders to be subtle about it. A big pick up artist theory is touch. Take advantage of this. It draws you closer. And woman are more into these sorts of things than being hit on. Move their hands slightly when theyre holding a card. Or hand on their shoulder to move them a bit, this also gives you control of the audience... Don't be rude!

Sep 1, 2007
Do you not read?

I clearly said

You need to already have the people skills, and all the abilities to already pick up women, adding magic is just another tool. If that is all you have then you wont succeed.

youtube.com/aaactionman
A buddy of mine, who a few years ago set out on a mision to become a pua. Watch his videos, do some research, then if you claim that science (in this case, the study of what women are attracted to) is bs, then you just have your head clearly to far up your ass.

A buddy of mine, who a few years ago set out to put hot sauce in your eyes and you'll pick up women. Do some research specifically on the study of what women are attracted to. If after this you think that your single example was (statistically) nothing short of useless then your ass is firmly rooted around your head.

This is fun. But all kidding aside of course you can find one guy who had something work for him. The only "science" you're getting close to is the placebo effect. I've done my research, but it's not my job to prove that your "psychological" techniques are valid. It's yours. So do some research and find the "science" behind your claims. What study of "what women are attracted to" are you referring to?

Mar 27, 2010
can someone enlighten me and explain me whats a pua?

I believe that Derren Brown explain in pure effect about using flirtness (is that even a word?) in your advantage while doing magic to the oposite sex

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
can someone enlighten me and explain me whats a pua?

I believe that Derren Brown explain in pure effect about using flirtness (is that even a word?) in your advantage while doing magic to the oposite sex

Just as we grabbed magic as a hobby, there are people that grabbed "picking up girls" as a hobby too. PUA stands for "pick up artist"

It sounds really dumb and sexist from our part explaining that so vaguely, but once you learn from it and know what is it about, you'll find that is not as sexist and dumb as it seems.

just as we create experiences with magic, Pua people devote themselves to make the approach and the following things not just a gratifying experience for themselves, but for the women itself.

You do not become a "PUA" you just enhance your life with it.

Feb 7, 2011
Derren brown does state in pure effect that there is a certain amount of flirting involved when performing with the opposite sex. He doesn't at all mention that magic should be in any way used to pick up women or even get them to kiss you. It's clear now he had no interest in that.

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
Criss Angel has the authority to be able to be as flirty as he is because i'd imagine that most women he comes in contact with have a very strong idea in their minds that he is something that they want. And because they have that image in their minds of him, he has much more free reign.

All you have to do when meeting someone for the first time is to have them create a positive image of you.
This is not going to be by showing them your sponge bunnies. This is going to be done by being confident, witty, talking well, being well groomed and well dressed, being polite and considerate, stylish, and being 'manly'.

Criss already has this image going for him, so he doesn't have to put in the work when he meets people for the first time who've already heard of him.
We don't, so we do have to put in the work.

Even if you don't intend to get a kiss every time, there's no reason why you shouldn't approach people the same ways PUAs do. It will create a better and more magical experience for you and your spectators.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
Just remember, this doesn't go down well if you're ugly. Unless you make fun of the fact you're ugly after they kissed you.

Feb 6, 2009
This is just sad, genuinely sad, if you think you get a girl by cheekily turning your head and forcing a girl to kiss you on the lips then magics the wrong game for you. You're already tricking your audience, at least treat them respectfully while you do it. If you that desperate to be a PUANSNGNAMIGHTYMOPHINPOWERRANGER surely the aim is get the lady in question to want to kiss you rather then forcing it upon her? Confidence is paramount in this game but don't let that become arrogance...

Jul 13, 2009
Edmonton, Canada
Don't you think there better and less painful way to show your cockiness as a magician ... Criss does this "move" a lot, and usually the spec fails to react as they would because of the big camera pointing at them so they could probably figure out that he is just acting . Real life might be different, it could work ... but because of the lack of camera, they would probably think that you are just .... making moves on them. This could result in a serious slap across your face, and you're reputation as a magician "vanishes" because the slap would make others conclude you use magic as a tool to get girls. Use other means to prove your cockiness, kissing for me is just not an option ... but thats just me. Plus if you have a partner, the damages will be more ..... MUCH more :(

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
This is just sad, genuinely sad, if you think you get a girl by cheekily turning your head and forcing a girl to kiss you on the lips then magics the wrong game for you. You're already tricking your audience, at least treat them respectfully while you do it. If you that desperate to be a PUANSNGNAMIGHTYMOPHINPOWERRANGER surely the aim is get the lady in question to want to kiss you rather then forcing it upon her? Confidence is paramount in this game but don't let that become arrogance...

Is more sad that you don´t know how to read and get the point of the thread...as I said before, it´s just an example...also I saw a very very famous magician do this with my 2 eyes and the audience went crazy...I never said you get girls with magic..you miss the whole point..I said you need to find concepts of womanizer and incorporate them into your magic...read the whole thread first...

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Don't you think there better and less painful way to show your cockiness as a magician ... Criss does this "move" a lot, and usually the spec fails to react as they would because of the big camera pointing at them so they could probably figure out that he is just acting . Real life might be different, it could work ... but because of the lack of camera, they would probably think that you are just .... making moves on them. This could result in a serious slap across your face, and you're reputation as a magician "vanishes" because the slap would make others conclude you use magic as a tool to get girls. Use other means to prove your cockiness, kissing for me is just not an option ... but thats just me. Plus if you have a partner, the damages will be more ..... MUCH more :(

Of course there are OTHER ways...not better...but equal...I don´t kiss just anyone left and right...I did it because I felt it was a great moment to do it and because I created the atmosphere and the rapport before to turn the kiss to my favor instead of getting slapped in the face...that!! is conecting with your audience...

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
Read a book.

The game, anything by David DeAngelo etc

Tried and tested "techniques" PROVEN to work on attracting women.

Confidence, unpredictable, funny

All you need.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results