Criss Angel... This Is How We Should Be...

Sep 1, 2007
Read a book.

The game, anything by David DeAngelo etc

Tried and tested "techniques" PROVEN to work on attracting women.

Confidence, unpredictable, funny

All you need.

[video=youtube;5hfYJsQAhl0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0[/video]

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
This is a funny thread...

I think "sad" is the right word.
Every time I hear the word PUA (Pick Up Artist), or PUMA (Pick Up Magic Artist), I feel the need to take a dump. Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about what those guys are doing, I'm talking about the actual name or title that these guys carry. It's just WAY TOO egoistic and geeky/nerdy.
Vega, since you posted the link to David DeAngelo's web site in another thread some time ago, I have taken interest in that kind of material, for research purpose only. I would be, what you guys call, a "natural" (if I say so myself). But I have to say that David D have some real valid points in what he is saying. I am doing some of the things that he teaches, it's just that I figured them out on my own, a long time ago.
So if you do have trouble of getting girls on your own (btw. Vega, this is no longer aimed at you, I'm talking to guys in general), some of PUA (ugh!) stuff MAY help. Being cocky and funny really does help, if you know how to do it properly, and not offend anyone. More important than being cocky and funny is being confident and reliable. Looks can also help, so go and hit the gym.

Back on topic. I personally think that there is nothing wrong with trying to kiss a girl (like CA did in the Ellen show), if you FEEL that you can do it. So the atmosphere needs to be right, and the girl needs to be right. If you have those two parts, you will never, I repeat NEVER get slapped on the face. I tried SO many things in the past when it comes to girls, and not ONCE did I get a slap on the face. I think the slap in the face is just a myth lol. How many of you ACTUALLY got slapped in the face by a girl? And why? Be honest ;)

Jul 13, 2009
I think the slap in the face is just a myth lol. How many of you ACTUALLY got slapped in the face by a girl? And why? Be honest ;)

In America, we don't get slapped by girls. Instead we get slapped by lawsuits...

Sep 1, 2007
The problem I'm having with self proclaimed PUAs are that the "science" goes to their head. It's like a kid in psych 101, they think they understand the world by hardly scratching the surface. I've asked multiple times for any scientific research done on the topics the "PUAs" on this forum are claiming to understand. So far nothing. They believe in the validity of a book written by random people.

But that's a different battle. What I'm concerned with is the arrogance that goes along with their "knowledge". The claim that women process information differently than men is astounding - and extremely sexist. If you don't understand these things you shouldn't speak about these things. Women do not think differently and you cannot solve for them like you can an equation. These are the ideas being expressed in this thread that irritate the hell out of me.

Being a PUA is a self-improvement. Much like a self-help book it means that you have a problem, you're the socially inept person. There's a difference between wanting to improve yourself and being arrogant enough to think you can generalize an entire gender.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
The problem I'm having with self proclaimed PUAs are that the "science" goes to their head. It's like a kid in psych 101, they think they understand the world by hardly scratching the surface. I've asked multiple times for any scientific research done on the topics the "PUAs" on this forum are claiming to understand. So far nothing. They believe in the validity of a book written by random people.

But that's a different battle. What I'm concerned with is the arrogance that goes along with their "knowledge". The claim that women process information differently than men is astounding - and extremely sexist. If you don't understand these things you shouldn't speak about these things. Women do not think differently and you cannot solve for them like you can an equation. These are the ideas being expressed in this thread that irritate the hell out of me.

Being a PUA is a self-improvement. Much like a self-help book it means that you have a problem, you're the socially inept person. There's a difference between wanting to improve yourself and being arrogant enough to think you can generalize an entire gender.

I for one have tested the material in the books that I have read nad it indeed works. They aren't like "do this do that", they actually explain to you why the things work with FACTS.

I agree, women doesn't think different than us, on the other hand, they do process the information diferently, because of their presets and basis as women.

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
The claim that women process information differently than men is astounding - and extremely sexist. If you don't understand these things you shouldn't speak about these things. Women do not think differently and you cannot solve for them like you can an equation.

I don`t want to discuss anything regarding women anymore...since this wasn`t the point of this thread...but this? you cracked me up!!

I got punched in the face twice for doing the jumper cables to a girl and got punched in the arm by the same girl for doing a really frustrating magic trick, lol, but we're friends now so it's all good.

WARNING: If you get a girl too frustrated she is likely to hurt you!

Jun 20, 2009
near paris
Hello Everyone!!

So...I saw this video of Criss Angel in the Ellen Degeneres Show...and I saw that he let her pick a card and show it to the audience and then guess it...how did he do that!!?...Ok I am kidding...

The reason this video called my attention is that he told her that if he find her card, she must give him a kiss...then he guesses the card (obviously) and then Ellen got near to kiss him in the cheek and he quickly turned around and kiss her in her lips...

So...I have tried this in the past..and it was great!!...since I´ve been reading some dating books and other stuff I went for it and I gotta say!, it does gives you a boost in your magic, since you are more confident and increases the mistery and charmingness (does this word even exist?) to previously unexpected levels...

My point is...We shouldn´t be afraid to be a little bit womanizers...since I think it´s part of being a magician. somebody that is not afraid to do what he likes and be different and cocky and funny...since it´s our job to be an extremely likable person and be atractive to girls...not because the magic, but because we combine that feeling of mistery and confidence to achieve what others cannot...

Now...I am not saying that you should ask for kisses left and right, but that you should not be afraid to go for it...also read dating advice and about the psychology of attrcction and how to be a cool guy...magic is not only tricks and theory and patter...

for those who are curious..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlujE_8iDm8&feature=related

everything done on tv is prepared

Aug 31, 2007
I don't want to delve too far into my thoughts on some of the points in this thread, but I will say this: there are people who can pull things like this off, and there are people who cannot. If you are a naturally charming, funny, and good looking person, and the girl and mood is right, it isn't difficult. But not everyone is made this way. Even if the mood and the girl were perfect, you could be like this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lItkr3MR1I4

And to be totally honest, the majority of magicians are this guy. Not all, but a high majority are this character - that's why a lot of people with this awkward persona get into magic; to let the magic be their persona. If this character tried to pull a kiss out of a girl, he may not be slapped, but it would be the most awkward thing that ever happened in America.

We can't all be Tucker Max. Try really hard not to be the character in that video, and you are on the right track. The right track to anything, really.

Feb 6, 2009
Vega, I did read the whole thread, I'm many things but not stupid. And no I didn't miss the point of the thread, you, in simplest terms advised everyone to behave like Angel and use a charmless trick as some form of confidence booster around women. The rest of the thread about PUA was just rediculous. If you want to be a "pick up artist" then be one, just don't try and use it as a legitimate argument for being a good magician. The technique worked for angel, I've also seen David Stone do it as well as hundreds of desperate students trying to get their leg over. I'm simply saying don't blur the line. If you wanted to make a post on confidence then make one, and use the criss thing as a small example, don't create a whole thread around how clever Criss Angel is for using a tacky move.

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Vega, I did read the whole thread, I'm many things but not stupid. And no I didn't miss the point of the thread, you, in simplest terms advised everyone to behave like Angel and use a charmless trick as some form of confidence booster around women. The rest of the thread about PUA was just rediculous. If you want to be a "pick up artist" then be one, just don't try and use it as a legitimate argument for being a good magician. The technique worked for angel, I've also seen David Stone do it as well as hundreds of desperate students trying to get their leg over. I'm simply saying don't blur the line. If you wanted to make a post on confidence then make one, and use the criss thing as a small example, don't create a whole thread around how clever Criss Angel is for using a tacky move.

jajaja!! anyway..the criss angel thing was an example...I didn`t refer it later...if you think this thread is about using magic to get kisses...then you are NOT getting the point...

Sep 1, 2007
I for one have tested the material in the books that I have read nad it indeed works. They aren't like "do this do that", they actually explain to you why the things work with FACTS.

I agree, women doesn't think different than us, on the other hand, they do process the information diferently, because of their presets and basis as women.

Again, what FACTS? I'm a psychology major and a communications minor. I've heard these arguments before in most of my classes but nobody has been able to produce so much as a half decent scientific study done. So how are you defining a "fact"? I know most of the leading theories on human communication and I haven't come across anything that you guys are claiming have been backed up with evidence.

The things you guys are describing can be explained away with the placebo effect. Much the same way someone takes a sugar pill and feels better or religious healing works. I'm not saying you're gullible. Everyone is subject to the placebo effect. What I'm asking is for actual proof of these claims. So far someone who's simply self-confident can replicate everything a PUA can do without spending money on these books/"techniques".

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Again, what FACTS? I'm a psychology major and a communications minor. I've heard these arguments before in most of my classes but nobody has been able to produce so much as a half decent scientific study done. So how are you defining a "fact"? I know most of the leading theories on human communication and I haven't come across anything that you guys are claiming have been backed up with evidence.

The things you guys are describing can be explained away with the placebo effect. Much the same way someone takes a sugar pill and feels better or religious healing works. I'm not saying you're gullible. Everyone is subject to the placebo effect. What I'm asking is for actual proof of these claims. So far someone who's simply self-confident can replicate everything a PUA can do without spending money on these books/"techniques".

Allright, finally some good discussion.

Be a little more specific, what do you require facts for? I can explain with facts, things like "Social Proof" and "Negs" little things like that.

Or is it that you need facts on a more general view?

Sep 1, 2007
Just a quick note...charm, funny can be learned by anyone...and about the looks..women are very less interested in looks than everybody thinks...

Luis, one thing straight. Than YOU think. Also, charm and funny can't be learned by anyone but they can be developed. However, you can't develop something you don't have. Why do you speak in definitives?

RD, thank god someone is willing to discuss these theories in an intelligent way.

I'm looking for evidence that one could find when discussing things like social proof. So far what's been discussed can be explained by the placebo effect, a biased statistical example, or outside influence. The claims are far too definitive than any theory would ever be able to suggest. Added that these people claiming these things show little to no knowledge of basic human biology. Specifically claims that women process information different than men do. Big difference between process and filter. Even then, it's not gender specific.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
I'm looking for evidence that one could find when discussing things like social proof. So far what's been discussed can be explained by the placebo effect, a biased statistical example, or outside influence. The claims are far too definitive than any theory would ever be able to suggest. Added that these people claiming these things show little to no knowledge of basic human biology. Specifically claims that women process information different than men do. Big difference between process and filter. Even then, it's not gender specific.

Ok here goes:

The theory behind it's that both men and women qualify "Atractiveness" on different parameters. For example, women think that "looks" count, but that is far away from the truth. Let me explain.

While the primary purpose of life is to survive, the secondary purpose is to replicate.

These are called "survival" and "replication" values, and we take both of them into consideration when we find "atracttive" somebody. But alas, both also are different for women and men. Let me explain.

Let's go back to where the sole purpose of humans, was to survive, and as I said earlier, to later reproduce. We didn't care for happines and those things. Just those two.

Now the dynamics for that were really different for both women and men. We men had to hunt, and to find a valuable partner for viable offspring. Wich in turn brings us back to what we like today. We primaly find a women attractive for her looks, not for her brain. so in our case REPRODUCTION VALUES > SURVIVAL VALUES

Now on the other hand, Women may think that they do look firstly for "looks" wich is what society has instructed them, but they have wired from their antecestors a much different thing.

Those days were hostile for female. A male could simply come, give her his baby and go away, then another male could come up kill said baby and take her as his female. Females had to search for males that would increase their survival values. Males with traits like: Being the alpha male, being a provider, being there to protect her. All those things.

Now coming back to our time, these traits can translate to being the lider of your group, being confident (being cocky demonstrates confidence) have economic stability, time for her etc.

Have you seen that pretty lady hanging out with that ugly dude? He demonstrated his "survival" values to her. She doesn't cares about his looks, the things that she has wired from her antecestors have trigged her to see that ugly man attractive, despite of is appearence.

Now that I explained this, I will give a brief explanation on the infamous "negs" and "social proof".

Women have always lived on a hostile world for her gender, the first way to defend themselves was seduction, to hold back sex to get things that they want, they know they are valuable and they want us to know it.

Considering that, Negs work for the following reason.

Imagine a pretty woman, she knows she is pretty, she knows she is oggled all the time, and she knows that men are aware of her beauty. Then a guy comes, and apparently he is unnafected to her charm, he doesn't respond to her beauty, or her skirt. Nothing. To him she is just another person in the building.

She doesn't understand, You could say that she almost feels ofended by this. What happens? she finds the urge to find why that is happening.

Now onto "Social Proof"

As I explained before (Im explaining SP very vaguely here) "Social Proofing" is the way we use those things that are wired onto women to make us look like the lider of our group, as the provider, as viable option of survival.

Think about this, even ask a group of women like I had. I asked each one of them:

"Wich do you find most attractive, a good looking guy coming alone to the bar? or regular guy surrounded by 4 or 5 pretty girls that are obviously enjoying their time with him?" Each one of them choosed the second one.

We as people are egoistical, we want things for ourselves and we want the things that others desire... creating this illusion that you are something that other women desire is a really powerful thing.

In other words, social proofing is our way to creat 'status" for us in front of women.

I barely scratch the surface. If there was something that I wasn't good at explianing please let me know and I'll try to explain it even better :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results