Stay strong Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2010
Hong Kong
This is not a magic-related thread, but I still want to post it.

As you all know, a 8.9 earthquake just occurred yesterday in Japan, followed by tsunami that wiped out everything near the coast. Just a curious thought, how many magicians died or lost their home in this disaster?

I saw terrible scenes in television. Cars, buildings, ships and people were flushed by the tsunami. Millions of people have become homeless because their home were destroyed by the earthquake. Even more of them have lost contact with their wives, parents, children and friends, not knowing rather they are safe or not. And just a few hours ago, a large explosion has occurred at the unclear power plant in north-eastern Japan. Over 1300 people are either dead or missing. Sitting safely in Hong Kong, I felt great sorrow for the people lived in Japan.

I am a Christian, all I can do is to pray for them. But I believe this is not a Christian right to pray for them. All of us can pray for the safety of the Japanese people, no matter do we have religion believes or not. I sincerely hope that all of us can pray for Japan, using your own methods.

Seriously, what can we do? We are magicians. We bring joy and laugh to people's lives. But for now, Japan is the place that needs miracles to happen most. Please pray for Japan.

Stay strong Japan.

Well said.
Natural disasters such as this are sobering occasions. I have a friend who can't even contact his relatives in Japan to know if they're alright. My thought are with him, and all of Japan.

I was wondering when these topics would show up. They're all over the Internet, most of them full of massively exagerated and hypocritical statements.

This is not a magic-related thread, but I still want to post it.

As you all know, a 8.9 earthquake just occurred yesterday in Japan, followed by tsunami that wiped out everything near the coast. Just a curious thought, how many magicians died or lost their home in this disaster?

The value is proportional with the number of decks of playing cards that got wet in the tsunami.

I saw terrible scenes in television.
That's pretty much what TV's about.
Millions of people have become homeless because their home were destroyed by the earthquake.
TV said so? Until tomorrow there will be 60 billion.

I am a Christian, all I can do is to pray for them. But I believe this is not a Christian right to pray for them. All of us can pray for the safety of the Japanese people, no matter do we have religion believes or not. I sincerely hope that all of us can pray for Japan, using your own methods.

Yeah, that would help a lot. How about doing something useful instead, such as donating money or clothes, if needed? Until this moment the authorities can handle the situation.

Seriously, what can we do? We are magicians. We bring joy and laugh to people's lives. But for now, Japan is the place that needs miracles to happen most.

I was going to shout "Ambitious Card Routine to the rescueeee", but... no. I won't do that.

Please pray for Japan.

Some stopped having imaginary friends around the age of 6. Some still believe that requesting stuff from a guy that never responds, never acts and has never been seen is not a waste of time. Diversity...

To clear things up, I have work contacts all over Japan and many confirmed that what we see on TV is crap. The authorities have been prepared for this kind of emergency, as Japan is hit by earthquakes almost every day. Just don't underestimate their competence level.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 1, 2010
Hong Kong
I don't want to put up a fight, especially a religion fight. This is not something I wanted to see in this thread. But still, I couldn't believe that you think the value of dead Japanese people is proportional with the number of decks of playing cards that got wet in the tsunami. I don't care how many decks of jerry's nuggets got wet while, as you said so, 60 billions of people are facing deadly threat.

I couldn't believe that you think the value of dead Japanese people is proportional with the number of decks of playing cards that got wet in the tsunami.

Statistically should be close, assuming that every magician in Japan has a deck of cards. Think about it. :)

I don't care how many decks of jerry's nuggets got wet while, as you said so, 60 billions of people are facing deadly threat.

Given the fact that the current world population counts ~7 billion... Yeah...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
I was wondering when these topics would show up. They're all over the Internet, most of them full of massively exagerated and hypocritical statements.

The value is proportional with the number of decks of playing cards that got wet in the tsunami.

Yeah, that would help a lot. How about doing something useful instead, such as donating money or clothes, if needed? Until this moment the authorities can handle the situation.

I was going to shout "Ambitious Card Routine to the rescueeee", but... no. I won't do that.

Some stopped having imaginary friends around the age of 6. Some still believe that requesting stuff from a guy that never responds, never acts and has never been seen is not a waste of time. Diversity...

To clear things up, I have work contacts all over Japan and many confirmed that what we see on TV is crap. The authorities have been prepared for this kind of emergency, as Japan is hit by earthquakes almost every day. Just don't underestimate their competence level.

Ok now, let's not get into some kind of religion debate. You don't see us making fun of what you believe in. That's not the point of this thread.

Now back on topic: I definitley feel very sorry for what happened there but I'm suprised at how many people just don't care. I reminds me of a quote, I don't remember it exactly but it said, " Too much exposure makes the heart less fond".

I guess since this kind of thing has happened before and it hasn't happened to most of us so apparently, we don't care. In fact, some people were even making jokes about it the day it happened.

Something has to be done about it, but praying isn't the only thing you can do.

Sep 2, 2009

Couldn't agree more. I don't live in Japan, and I hope for the best for them, but creating threads like this one is a little bit useless...

Too many people today are so.... naive. "Oh, I like joy, friends, sun, respect, happiness. And I don't like racism, rain, sadness and pain ! It's bad !"
Come on, the world is a little more complicated. So if you want to help, feel free : you can send money or clothes or do things, you know. Real things.

Stop this hypocrite attitude, it's making me sick.

Although this tsunami and earthquake is devastating. I dont think that its appropriate for this website. Its about magic and cardistry. Not world news. Its also not the place for you to tell us to pray.

That being said, I hope all gets well in Japan soon.

J.

Jul 13, 2009
Edmonton, Canada
Although this tsunami and earthquake is devastating. I dont think that its appropriate for this website. Its about magic and cardistry. Not world news. Its also not the place for you to tell us to pray.

That being said, I hope all gets well in Japan soon.

J.

Well, the forums does say "General Discussion" not "General Discussion about magic" ... and it's never bad to stay well informed ..

Hope they make a fast recovery in Japan .. they didn't deserve any of this

Well, the forums does say "General Discussion" not "General Discussion about magic" ... and it's never bad to stay well informed ..

Hope they make a fast recovery in Japan .. they didn't deserve any of this

For all general discussion related to magic and cardistry.
No discussions of Danny Garcia's nunchuck skills, legos,
pogs, or ninja related activities.

(word count)

J.

Jul 7, 2008
Norway
Your attitude against religion is no problem... Until you die.

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
Your attitude against religion is no problem... Until you die.

*sigh* I knew this was gonna happen once you bring religion into it. This isn't the place for debating religion. It's for dicussing magic. If not, this will wind up as one of many closed threads.

Pray if you want to. Don't if you don't want to.

Jun 10, 2010
*sigh* I knew this was gonna happen once you bring religion into it. This isn't the place for debating religion. It's for dicussing magic. If not, this will wind up as one of the many closed threads.

Pray if you want to. Don't if you don't want to.

Quoted for truth.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Ok guys,

The main point in this thread was to raise awareness about the large earthquake that struck Japan. If you could leave some time out of your day to donate and help the people over there, I'm sure it would mean a lot to them. Here is a link to donate:

https://american.redcross.org/site/Donation2?idb=0&5052.donation=form1&df_id=5052

If any more religion is discussed in this thread it's closed. Thanks for understanding.

Nov 2, 2007
Norway
http://fi5.eu.apcdn.com/full/39129.png
http://apina.biz/39128.jpg

oh the ignorance in these pics!

anyway the only tragedy here is that people think they can build huge cities in earthquake areas and get away with it. it's like the people who live where tornados are frequent and wondering why their house is gone. yes it's sad that stuff like this happen but come on. you have it coming. it's sad, but it's no tragedy.
and about the praying stuff. it's just empty words. it's like those "light a candle for the victims of XYZ" on facebook. instead of wasting a candle. send the money the candle cost.

Mar 5, 2011
Wonderful Asia
TV news said they have preparation before. one of those, they build some like wall around the beach. It will be used to hold the wave to minimize and break the floods. CMIIW

Jul 13, 2010
I wish them all the very best. Some of the most creative and talented people in the world (regarding art, film, music (my favorite composer and film maker of all time are from Japan), sports, engineering and so on) are from Japan. I really like the Japanese and their culture.
They´re just not blessed with the geographic location of their country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results