Video Help 911

I'm trying to convert a video shot on an hd cannon .mts file to an .avi file my computer can play and edit. The files audio once converted is out of sync with the video... I need help. How do I fix this? I've got until wed to get this vid submitted.

help!

tjf

May 23, 2009
Give handbrake a try and see what happens. I'm not familiar with iwisoft, but handbrake uses the ffmpeg engine under the hood (which is very very good) so give it a try and see.

CAndrew

Elite Member
Jan 12, 2011
I use Adobe Media Encoder but Im not familiar with many other converters. I would just suggest resyncing the audio if no converters work. Some programs can view and edit AVCHD files w/o the need for coversion. VLC player is free and lets you view a variety of formats invluding .mts and Premiere edits .mts. Not all .mts files are the same though. Some are supported in some programs and some arent. For example .mts files from a sony camera dont work in After effects but I believe that .mts from some other cameras will work.

haha what i usually do is just change the extension of the file. For example, we have a file called: "video.mts" and all i'll do is this, delete the word" mts" and replaced it with "avi" so i'll get "video.avi" in the end. This works for me as i used the method for Dan and Dave's v5 trailer contest to make my trailer. I can't guarantee that it will work but no harm trying :)

(Remember, always backup the original video file.)

I'm not responsible for anything bad that happens!!!XD

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results