B4 Cut Flare Help

Mar 15, 2011
First off "First Post" !!! Okay now that is out of the way...

Here is my issue, when I try to do the flare "during the first phase of the B4" the card starts to slide away towards the tip of the fingers and since the pinkie is the shortest it slides right off that first. I tried to have a deeper grip on the flare card, which is really awkward but even then it still begins to slide away. It is really frustrating, I have been at this for a few days now, and I have yet to come up with a solution other than GLUE!

Any help or ideas is appreciated...

- The Doctor

Sep 30, 2009
Elkhart, IN
I would stay away from the glue...:). It's all about practice. No matter what you are working on...it's all about the practice. Some times I'll practice some thing for a few days and then stop for a day or so, then go back to it. You will be amazed at how much you learn from yourself after doing this. Hope this helps and good luck to you.

Jun 22, 2010
Martinez, CA
Have you tried tape..? Glue is really messy..

Seriously though, like simplymaigic says, it's all practice. You should also try using half the deck or a little less just to get used to holding the flare card but don't get used to half the packet.

Sep 20, 2008
If you lessen the cards left in your left hand than on your right before the flare even starts, then you're more likely to get a lot of flare and control over that leftie. Does that make sense?

Mar 15, 2011
I have tried the flare with just one card, it's always the same thing. The card starts to slide away from the fingers and right off the pinkie. I can't seem to keep it gripped the way it should be.

- The Doctor

Mar 15, 2011
After numerous tries with one card nothing changed. So I spent all of the last few days flaring a duct taped packet and now I can finally complete the B4 cut. The first flare card still slips off the pinkie sometimes but I am progressing. And for any of the people that read this thread that have the same problem, I hate to say it but Practice. That is what I did and I am finally seeing the improvement I wanted to. Thank you all for your help :)

- The Doctor

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results