Saturday Night Contest - Roundtable :: Andrei Jikh

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Celebrating the release of Genesis v2 – Structure by Andrei Jikh, tonight’s contest will delve deeper into his mind and the way it works.

Genesis v2 has been over a year in the making, and the entire Genesis project has been even longer. With hours and hours of intense footage and preparation, there lies a ton of work behind the scenes.

Tonight is your chance to get inside his head and ask any question you wish. Ask Andrei about his life, his start in Cardistry, the Genesis project, ANYTHING! Whether you're just starting in cardistry or already have great experience, this is your chance to get personal advice from a seasoned professional.

At 11:00pm EST, we will take the best questions and record a podcast with Andrei as he answers them! As soon as we are finished with the podcast, we will post it here for you all to listen to! Check out our previous roundtable discussions in the roundtable vault.

One lucky winner will be chosen by random, and he/she will receive will take home their very own copy of Genesis v2, on the house!

Good luck to all, and start asking your questions!

Vorezo

Elite Member
Mar 21, 2009
How many years have you spent creating and inventing original flourishes before coming to your top list for Genesis?

Aug 23, 2009
who are your favorite flourishers? is there any other art forms that inspire you in your art of flourishing? what's your all time favorite flourish?

Jul 23, 2007
New York, NY
1) I remember a few years back you were already becoming great stuff in cardistry, then you took a break for at least a year. When you came back, you brought an onslaught of new material (THE'ME). What happened during that break and why do you think it boosted your material that much? Do you have any ideas how you'll further yourself in the future? (Hopefully it won't involve you leaving)

2) If you had to do Genesis all over again, what would you do differently?

ATH

May 1, 2010
Your style is very similar to that of The Virts. Do you guys ever meet up and work on stuff together?

Jul 17, 2010
One thing I've been struggling with is keeping my passion for magic Alive.
How have you gotten through discouraging moments (if any) and kept your passion for magic "hungry"?

May 30, 2010
Australia
What is your reply Andrei to those flourishers/ cardists that say that your flourishes are like next to impossible to perform, or are highly advanced?That you're the only one who can do it. What are your thoughts on it?

Feb 6, 2011
what is the difference between a flourish that is just fun to play around with and a flourish that gets published on a dvd like genesis v2

What does your creative process involve? Do you invent flourishes from scratch, or do you take existing ones & add your own twists to it? Do you first think of what you want to accomplish in your head, than try it physically, or do you create all hands on?

Oct 18, 2010
One thing ive learned is that card tricks is something but when you add cardistry it makes it an art a masterpice. i would like to know do you agree?

Nov 13, 2010
How do you create/get ideas for such abstract flourishes? The reason I ask is because your flourishes seem so different from the rest.

- M.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results