Tally Ho's

Sep 17, 2010
NC
I was planning on purchasing new playing cards, I was curious about a couple things. First, I've been using the Tally Ho Fan Back style for awhile but was thinking of switching to Circle, and I was curious which of the two you preferred. Also, I wanted to know if the blue Circle Backs are light enough on the back for a signature to be clearly visible on the back... Thanks!

Jan 20, 2009
California
I personaly enjoy using the fan back style. as far as having a card signed
i believe there is no reason to have a spectator sign a card.

Sep 17, 2010
NC
Guess it just depends on your style. I'm the type who likes to give things away to spectators after a good trick, like for an Ambitious Card or a transpo, as a memoir. It's also a neat convincer that there's no duplicate of the card. But then, that's just me.

Jun 22, 2010
Martinez, CA
I personally like Circle backs because.. well I don't really know I just feel like fan backs are to much like too much is going on and I just don't really like the general design, however I'm quite attracted to red fanbacks but I have yet to own a pack of those. I think you can easily see a signature on the blue circle back design. Also, if you guys could help me out by taking a look at my thread (which is in the wrong section) It's in the general discussion section, thanks.

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
if you need to have a card signed so they believe what your are
doing then you are doing something wrong as a perfomer.

What? That doesn't make sense at all. Just because a performer makes sure to convince his audience that he is not cheating and getting them involved doesn't make him an ineffective performer. I seem to recall that many great performers let their spectators sign the cards.

Sorry, back to the OP's question, I personally like the Circle Back just because I like the look more but they are both great! And yes, the backs are definitely light enough for a signature.

Dec 6, 2010
I go with circle backs because I like the simplicity and non-business I guess.. and you can see the signature on a blue deck, but not as well on a red deck, so if you're going to get a card signed, blue is fine, but red is better in my opinion, and there is nothing wrong with letting a spectator sign a card Rich...

Jan 20, 2009
California
What? That doesn't make sense at all. Just because a performer makes sure to convince his audience that he is not cheating and getting them involved doesn't make him an ineffective performer. I seem to recall that many great performers let their spectators sign the cards.
Most people use a signature because they want to prove they are not using a duplicate.
its all in the way you present your trick, i also seem to recall many perfomers who do not
have spectaors sign cards and dai veron was one of them.

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
Most people use a signature because they want to prove they are not using a duplicate.
its all in the way you present your trick, i also seem to recall many perfomers who do not
have spectaors sign cards and dai veron was one of them.

That's fine and all but I don't think that your assertion that "if you need to have a card signed so they believe what your are
doing then you are doing something wrong as a perfomer." is false.

Jan 20, 2009
California
and keep in mind you said "Just because a performer makes sure to convince his audience that he is not cheating "
so what you are saying is you need a signature to convince your audience?

Jun 22, 2010
Martinez, CA
Ok, first of all this Discussion/conversation is off topic, you can start a thread on it or something. However, I would still like to comment on the discussion, (hehe) Rich has a point, what he's getting at is that if your smooth skills alone can not convince your spectator that the card is rising naturally, then you need to work on perhaps your double lift or change the control you use so that there isn't any funny or fishy movements so that they don't NEED to sign the card. To not need the card signed you must make it look natural and convincing even though a signed card may help however you should not need it to convince the audience, it's icing on the cake, if you will. This 'cake' should very well be sold alone with no icing, just my take on Rich's statement.

~Erick

Aug 17, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Alright, I agree with Goth that this discussion is getting off topic and is going to turn into an online fight. So please fellas, just chill out. I think that, Rich, you are misunderstanding what S.G is saying. He is saying that(and correct me if I am wrong), yes, you do not need to have a spectator sign a card, but it enhances the trick on so many levels. If you were to do a simple ACR without a signed card, it would not be as good as an ACR with a signed card. And there are many other effects that go better with signed cards. But the reason we have spectators sign the card is because then they know, 100% this card is their card.

I get where you are coming from, saying that we should have smooth handling with our cards and all that. And I absolutely agree with you on that, no doubt about it. But we should have smooth handling with our cards rather or not the damn thing is signed or not. And if our handling for that trick is not best to our abilities, then we should not be performing that trick at that time. We should be standing in front of a mirror and practicing. In all reality, its up to you if you want the spectator to sign it or not. I personally have them sign it most of the time.

Now I am sorry, Sam, for getting off discussion. I just had to "try" to straighten that out.

I prefer the circle back, but its ultimately your choice in what you want. And yes, you can see signatures on the back.
But I as a performer prefer Bikes :)

-blake.

Jan 20, 2009
California
Yes you sould have a smooth handling but you must also have a great
presentaion of the effect and many people do not, what i saying if you
present a trick properly then there is NO reason for a card to be signed

Aug 17, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Yes you sould have a smooth handling but you must also have a great
presentaion of the effect and many people do not, what i saying if you
present a trick properly then there is NO reason for a card to be signed

I see where you're going with that, but still, I go back to the fact that having a signed card enhances the effect... In most cases, not in all. But honestly, its really just your own opinion on what you want to do.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results