Forcing a Letter

Jan 21, 2011
Hey guys, I need your help. I'm trying to do an effect that requires me to force a letter off of a label. Now, I would PREFER it be a fool-proof mental force, however, I realize that stuff has its limits. I don't want to do a simple number force (they pick 2, go T-W-O to get to the 3rd letter, for example). I just want something convincing and logical, but I've been stumped on this.

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Collin Stover

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
Firstly if it is a psychological force then it is usually a hard constant towards the end but not the last letter.

Do you need to force the letter or just need to know the one they are thinking of.

Either way banachek PS 1 is your best friend for this.

Yeah, mentalism isn't the thing to do if you like effects that are 100% guaranteed to work.
However, a good method would be to use a sentence using a lot of alliteration with that letter before asking them to think of one. If that makes any sense.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
Yeah, mentalism isn't the thing to do if you like effects that are 100% guaranteed to work.
However, a good method would be to use a sentence using a lot of alliteration with that letter before asking them to think of one. If that makes any sense.

Most mentalism is 100% in method however mentalists fish for information that is not written to heighten their performances

Sep 1, 2007
Mentalists also like to miss a couple times to add verisimilitude to the performance. Something a lot of wannabes here could stand to learn.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results