Advice for routines and character development please!

Sep 1, 2007
Since space is a premium, go to a local library and look into books on psychology, social dynamics and acting. Keep a notebook. Write all the biggest lessons and revelations inside. I recommend the following titles:

An Actor Prepares by Constantin Stanislavski
Influence by Robert Cialdini
Respect for Acting by Uta Hagen
The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene
Rules of the Game by Neil Strauss

That should be enough to get you started.

Aug 31, 2007
It's a major disappointment to see a guy who looks like some sort of urban vagabond shaman... who then talks like Gob from Arrested Development.

Her?

"Sunshine", I think your intentions are really awesome, and as others have already stated, the fact that you are thinking about routining and the way that spectators perceive you and your magic. While right off the bat you have something others don't with your image, don't make your image, or as Draven puts it your "Hook", your only signature "thing". Remember that you want people to remember you, not just your image or your magic. Keep up the awesome work, and welcome to the forums :)

~Zach

Nov 8, 2010
Vernon B.C
her??? no. HIM!!!!

you make a very good point zach. thanks for the greetings and thanks for the encouragement

i've been learning a lot lately, and in turn, thinking even more. i want to base most of my magic around the theme of critical thinking, common sense, openness. i want my magic to be a commentary on our society, and how its cool to be dumb, and how that NOT cool. (obviously a little more subliminal). hmmm, and now the pad of paper that was put aside for possible performance patter begins to..... hmm, i cant think of a word that starts with p that means "fill up" or "expand"

hahaha, on another note, i thought of this funny character idea, (not something i would personally want to do) where the character has a REALY bad lisp, but uses a lot of "S" and "TH" alliteration's to exaggerate the lisp. the kicker is the character quotes people/impersonates people alot, but while impersonating or quoting speaks VERY clearly, and doesn't lisp or slur, lol, i dont know, i thought it would be funny if done well/right

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results