Lee Ashers Fournier 605's

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
Not really related to T11 or the products but hope to get some of your opinions.

I have a card wall

I'd like to add one green and one brown 605 to it but at $11 they're double the price of other cards plus the price to ship them to England which is likely to be another $10.
I like to try different cards so I'm interested in if they're actually good cards that I'm likely to play around with.

Are they worth $11? Are they similar to any other cards?

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
Check out the review by Eostresh on these forums. He swears by them and he tests them extensively.

Feb 4, 2008
Looks like you already have Fournier 505s. I don't have the 505s but from what I am told the difference between 605s and 505s would be similar to the difference between a Richard Turner gold seal and a standard bee card...ie. it's all in the precision of the cut. 605s will outlast about any other card you will ever get except for Piatnik's and possible Steamboat smooth finish. That is not always a selling point. Ultimately, I don't recommend 605s unless you are pretty good. Like Preatoritevong said they won't fan well unless you are really good with cards. If you are good with cards then they fan just fine. When I first reviewed them, a year and a half ago, I was probably an average intermediate level card magician. I too have various problems fanning the 605s. Now, after practicing between 12-15 hours a week, every week, for the last year and a half,(because of my card reviews) I can break in a deck of 605s in one or two days. They won't ever fan as smooth as Bees but when you trade off the advantages of the 605 I doubt you will mind it.

So it comes down to your skill level. If you are a beginner they are way over your head. But for intermediate and advanced magicians they will pay off in the end, either for their collection value or their longevity.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
Yep I looked at your review yesterday, thanks for pointing it out Suhaas. I've been doing magic for 10 years now and am intermediate-advanced so after reading what you said I'll get a couple. It's just a shame they're so expensive, and that's without the international shipping.

Feb 4, 2008
My question is....do you like the 505s? If so, save up and get a brick. It drops the cost by almost $2.50 / pack. Just a thought...

Also....by this point in your magic I am sure that you know whether you like a stiffer or softer card. If you are not in to stiff cards, and I mean stiffer than anything else USPCC makes, then you may not want them at all.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
It's been a long time since I played with those 505's but I like aladdins a lot so I should get on with them. I much prefer aladdins over something like DnD's last two S&M which are really soft.

I might get a brick if I like my first two decks a lot but a saving of $2.50 per deck doesn't help too much when the price for shipping a brick internationally isn't cheap, I'm not rich enough to spend $130 on 12 packs of cards.

hduarte1

Elite Member
Jul 2, 2008
Akatsuki Hideout
From your card wall picture, counting from left to right the 8th card on the second row? what is that card from? what deck? and also the 4th card on the 3rd row?

Feb 4, 2008
@ Formula: That's totally understandable. Trying to give you the best info I can. I personally swear by 605s but they have a thickness, stiffness, and finish that blends perfectly for the in-hands card magic I do(tabled stuff I swear by aristocrats) but because of their price I am always hesitant to recommend them. Especially towards folks who are not in a position to drop $100 + on a brick. In addition...there is my selfish desire to ensure there are enough left when I next have the money to buy a brick for myself ;)

@hduarte1: If I counted right(little early in the morning here lol)I think that is one of the original Bee Aristocrats....come to think about it formula...I'll swap a deck of Fournier's for one of those!

Jun 20, 2009
near paris
Not really related to T11 or the products but hope to get some of your opinions.

I have a card wall

I'd like to add one green and one brown 605 to it but at $11 they're double the price of other cards plus the price to ship them to England which is likely to be another $10.
I like to try different cards so I'm interested in if they're actually good cards that I'm likely to play around with.

Are they worth $11? Are they similar to any other cards?

i like your card wall ! impressive

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results