What kind of cards?

Mar 21, 2011
Hey

I'm just getting started with learning cardistry, and I was wondering what the best cards to use are. I'm currently working with a couple of bicycle decks, but I've used them so much for card magic that they've become worn out and won't fan nicely etc. Is there a special type of cards for flourishing? Or am I just bad at fanning cards?

Cheers

Aug 19, 2009
There's no special brand that you need. There are some decks, though, that do fan better than others. I would highly recommend Tally Hos as a good starting deck. They handle well, last for a long time, and are comparatively cheap. The circle backs are still one of my favorite decks.

But also, try as many decks as you can - there's a lot of great ones out there. You have to decide what deck(s) best suit your style.

I'm really liking the guardians I got a while back. They're probably the most durable deck I've found yet, but they're really slick cards too so sometimes it's hard to hold onto them when you're doing really fancy cuts. However, they're my favorites as of right now, but I haven't really tried many decks. I still have yet to buy a tally ho deck, lol.

Aug 31, 2007
tallys are your best bet but if you can spend a bit more then i would go with split spades.They are by far one of the best decks ive i have owned for just all round purposes..

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results