A Quick Question About Adding Music to Videos

I was wondering if t was okay to use a band's song in a magic video without having to worry about copyright and things like that. Should I just include the song and band name into the credits? It's not that I'm that worried about getting sued or anything like that I'd just like to know how to properly credit music that's not your own. Thanks.

Aug 31, 2007
yeh it should be fine just make sure you credit the song in the video at some point. same goes with crediting moves and tricks from other magicians

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
It could be a problem if you got a lot of publicity but for the most part you're fine. Sites like youtube block a lot of music anyway, if someone reports your site for having copyrighted music then your host might remove it but nothing would happen.

I disagree with cardshark about crediting. By paying for a dvd/book/booklet/download you're paying for the right to learn and use the moves, unless you're showcasing someones particular work I wouldn't bother crediting. It only becomes important when you're well known.
Some magic tells you you're not allowed to use it without permission though. When you buy loops it tells you you have to ask for permission to use them on TV.

Aug 31, 2007
i didnt mean credit everything.lol. i meant what you said, if your show casing someone particular or there trick then a simple credit does the trick.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results