Keeping Cards

Hi all,

I have been wondering something for sometime now about keeping cards in good condition.
I normally wear a shirt that has two front pockets, and I keep my cards in there when I do walk around performances.
But I also have a few shirts that don't have and pockets in the front. I have a card clip in which I keep my cards in but what I am wondering, is there anything that I could put my cards in when they go in my pockets to keep them from warping from getting too hot. Or is keeping the cards in the card clip good enough to keep my cards from getting damaged?

Any help that you can give would be appreciate.

Thanks!

Jun 10, 2010
Hi all,

I have been wondering something for sometime now about keeping cards in good condition.
I normally wear a shirt that has two front pockets, and I keep my cards in there when I do walk around performances.
But I also have a few shirts that don't have and pockets in the front. I have a card clip in which I keep my cards in but what I am wondering, is there anything that I could put my cards in when they go in my pockets to keep them from warping from getting too hot. Or is keeping the cards in the card clip good enough to keep my cards from getting damaged?

Thanks!

Don't worry about it. It doesn't matter.

^Seriously. The warp in decks can always be removed through use, and the stock will always weaken... It makes no difference.

Well I find it hard to perform on the spot with a warp in my deck. Is this just me? I have a card clip and use it if I have the cards in my pocket. They will warp if I keep them in my pocket all day but a card clip makes them last longer. A few hours maybe?

Aug 31, 2007
just carry a couple of decks around with you and just alternate decks when performing for different people. Im sure theres been a few treads on here already about card care etc. use the search button and im sure you will find it

Jun 10, 2010
Well I find it hard to perform on the spot with a warp in my deck. Is this just me? I have a card clip and use it if I have the cards in my pocket. They will warp if I keep them in my pocket all day but a card clip makes them last longer. A few hours maybe?

I've yet to come across a technique which I couldn't do with a warped deck, apart from dribbling the cards. And even that isn't too hard.

Dec 26, 2009
Hi all,

Thanks!

Does your card clip look something like this?

370332969_o.jpg

If so you need to get one that looks like this

porperclip2tn.jpg

That is a Porper card clip. I keep my cards in my porper about 10 hours a day in my pants front pocket and they are never warped. IMO, buying a Porper is a huge investment. It will pay for itself in the extra life it gives your cards. Check out my mini-rant about investing in a Porper here. http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?31377-deck-card-clip-cheap-solutions&p=344515#post344515

If you already have a Porper and your cards are warping while in it, give the sides of your Porper a squeeze to tighten the grip on your deck of cards.

I've yet to come across a technique which I couldn't do with a warped deck, apart from dribbling the cards. And even that isn't too hard.

Try palming a packet of cards, say the Aces for example, and dribble the cards with a warped deck. IMPOSSIBLE!

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results