Good Recommendations for Sandwich Tricks

Jan 16, 2011
I've been into card magic and flourishing for a while, but I really want to learn some good sandwich tricks. Any recommendations for where I can find them?

Jan 17, 2010
Kentucky
Tony Chang just came out with "Sandwiches" about a week ago:
Vanishingincmagic.com
or
thebluecrown.com

Bill Goodwin's Refelction has a few good sandwich tricks.

Daniel Madison's Dangerous DVD has a couple which are pretty nice.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
d+M's Advocate: Sandwich is the only sandwich effect I've personally seen that provides a realistic justification for using two cards to find a third (NB: "These cards are policemen" or "These cards are special cards" or "These cards will find your card" don't count). In addition, it gives you the chance to perform a miracle beyond any sandwich effect, and even if that doesn't pay off, it allows you to perform a sandwich effect without ever touching the deck, with a spectator's named card only. The spectator never pulls out their card, and they never let go of the deck from before the trick starts.

It's not as "visual", cards don't "jump around" - but if you're performing magic, not feats of skill, it doesn't matter. This one has more potential than most to be magic.

Of course, it uses the Advocate gimmick, an interesting tool that can be used for multiple applications.

Jul 27, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
Tony Chang just came out with "Sandwiches" about a week ago:
Vanishingincmagic.com
or
thebluecrown.com

Bill Goodwin's Refelction has a few good sandwich tricks.

Daniel Madison's Dangerous DVD has a couple which are pretty nice.

Sandwiches is good but will take a LONG time to master. You said you do flourishes, so I would recommend Crunk by Daniel Madison because it incorporates flourishes.

Dec 11, 2010
California
ITHWICH
Two cards are cleanly shown and placed onto the spectators hands. AFTER this a card is freely chosen and almost instantly vanishes from the entire deck and appears BETWEEN the two they are holding! Superb stuff.

It is from the professional opportunist vol. 1

I personally enjoyed the series especially box clever, the first trick shown.

This is probably my favorite sandwich trick that I use besides from search and destroy by aaron fisher

Mike.Hankins

creator / <a href="http://www.theory11.com/tricks/
Nov 21, 2009
Sacramento, Cali
All of the recommendations mentioned above are all very good routines! However, on the DVD set called BLUFF, there is an amazing sandwich routine that has to be seen. Myself and Eric Jones had quite a bit of fun with this one night while taking a road trip to NYC...

Mike

Apr 3, 2011
A lot of Daniel Madison recommendations on here, and i'm just gonna add another one for the second 'Deceptions' which is all on sandwich routines, i have yet to try any, but most of them look really good.

Jun 10, 2010
As one will soon discover in their quest for finding sandwich tricks, the majority of them all have 2-3 different types of loads at most. That being said, you're probably best off with a good presentation and a basic load with the top card being the selection (controlled via your method of choice).

If you feel like messing with some hard sh*t, Tony Chang would be a nice option.

Just don't waste your money. Experiment with how you'd get a selection between two other cards, then experiment with making it ENTERTAINING.

Otherwise, it really doesn't matter. You could buy them all the sandwich tricks in the world and they wouldn't help you one bit.

Sep 1, 2007
As one will soon discover in their quest for finding sandwich tricks, the majority of them all have 2-3 different types of loads at most. That being said, you're probably best off with a good presentation and a basic load with the top card being the selection (controlled via your method of choice).

If you feel like messing with some hard sh*t, Tony Chang would be a nice option.

Just don't waste your money. Experiment with how you'd get a selection between two other cards, then experiment with making it ENTERTAINING.

Otherwise, it really doesn't matter. You could buy them all the sandwich tricks in the world and they wouldn't help you one bit.

I agree with sabor here, sandwich routines get tricky. Magicians really like sandwich routines but they're no good for spectators. Simple is better. And if you're going to have a couple phases, make sure it's logically progressive, otherwise there's no point.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results