Live Magic for YouTube Celebs - FreddieW

Hey guys! So this past weekend was this HUGE YouTube convention called Playlist Live. It was crazy because I got to meet some of the biggest stars on the internet and do magic for them. Here is the first of many videos! I had previously done magic for Freddie during a live chat of his and when I ran into him at Playlist he remembered who I was! It was pretty sick because he called over a huge crowd to watch me =]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5QL4FGttY4

Aug 31, 2007
i think he means less chatter on here and just get out there and show everyone what your about and what you can do lol

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
Exactly what cardshark said. You keep posting about your youtube success on magic forums and not in a good way, in a way like "look what I just did, look at me, look at me".

Successful/Great people don't have to talk about what they do, others do it for them. Share your success with friends and family in real life over a beer or a soft drink if you're underage. Despite your negative comments about magicians that don't post live performance videos in another thread I would support this more if you just shared it as a performance video rather than all the spiel. I've seen you post two or three of these on here and on BlueCrown, DnD I think I saw it too just in the last week. We don't need updates on all your performances.

Ok my mistake... I just figured people would like to have some background behind these videos. I know personally that if someone is posting a live video I like to know the story behind it. As for posting on other forums, I don't see what the big deal is. Not EVERY magician is on the same forum, I'd like to get feedback from as many different people as possible. If you'd rather just have me post a video and not say anything, then I'll do that next time. I was excited and thought others might like to know why. Next time I'll just post the link

May 18, 2008
I think you guys are being too hard on him; it was a good performance, and it is always nice to be able to see a magician progress and accept feedback.

As far as performing for FreddieW, that's pretty cool. He is a youtube celebrity, but I don't see how that is different than any other type of celebrity... Still known by millions.

Josh does post about himself a lot, but it's entertaining magic; anyone who says that you don't have to talk about or promote yourself in magic knows nothing about performing. Word of mouth is a big thing, but unless you regularly market yourself (EVERYWHERE) you will never be known. If you want someone else to talk about Josh (aside from FreddieW on the video he just posted), here I am. Josh posts videos that are entertaining; he practices what he preaches about live videos, and that is admirable.

All the best.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
anyone who says that you don't have to talk about or promote yourself in magic knows nothing about performing. Word of mouth is a big thing, but unless you regularly market yourself (EVERYWHERE) you will never be known.
I'm not saying he shouldn't promote himself, I'm saying he should probably go about it differently so he doesn't come off desperate, which is just my opinion of course. Making several post a week about performing for some guy off youtube is what twitter, blogs, facebook etc is for.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results