Best On-The-Spot Gimmicks

Sep 6, 2010
What I mean by this is having a trick that is always ready (like coin bite) that AMAZES people. Have any suggestions?

Aug 1, 2009
Just a deck of cards really. Borrow a coin do a 1 coin routine. Do a bill trick with a borrowed bill. Tons of tricks without anything needed really besides borrowed objects.

Jul 13, 2008
Just a deck of cards really. Borrow a coin do a 1 coin routine. Do a bill trick with a borrowed bill. Tons of tricks without anything needed really besides borrowed objects.
He wasn't talking about impromptu. He was talking about gimmicks. I personally think that the invisible deck is an incredible trick. I actually don't own one, but if I were to do one gimmicked trick it would be that one.

Feb 4, 2009
I always carry a duplicate with me and check out Jay Sankeys revolutionary card magic dvd, it has a lot of one card gimmicks you can make and the effects are amazing. One of my favorites is a two card transpo where one of the cards is wrapped in electric tape.

Apr 4, 2011
It depends on where you at though, as for me, currently, Coffee Melt by Matt Mello is my no.1 on-the-spot gimmick IF i am being ask to perform in coffee shop. In restaurant, i ll normally do Sponge Napkins by Gregory Wilson, if you ever considered a napkin as gimmick.

May 19, 2010
I love carrying around loops. If someone asks you to do a trick there area a billion things you can do depending on the environment you are in.

Feb 4, 2008
A good solid magic wallet. Choose your poison on this. There are a bunch on the market. Depending on the style you get so many different things can be achieved. Card to Wallet(obviously), Confabulation, Ring Flight, Billet switches, Out to lunch, mentalism peeks, pocket writing, or even as an organizer for other gimmicks you may carry.

Sep 27, 2007
Cenozoic, Oligocene
I really like the Smoke gimmick.
It's convenient, covert, and no mess.
Set up is 2 seconds.
It's also visible and visual (?)

I also really like the fact that I don't have to grab everyone's attention explicitly.
[video=youtube;ctTWkXaNBbo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctTWkXaNBbo[/video]
My friend filming so that was cool ;p

Feb 12, 2011
At my Computer
Wrap it Up by Jay Sankey is an amazing effect. All you have to carry is the gimmick unless you do one of the 8 that is ungimmicked in which case you just need to carry an extra gum wrapper.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results