Stress

Oct 31, 2010
Hi Magicians and Flourishes, I need help for some financial problems, i mean there is like so many decks getting released and uncut sheets and stuff but i just cant buy all of them in large quantity(because of shipping fees) as i am just a student. Any suggestion on what i could do?

p.s Asking parents wont help because they disapprove me from buying cards, they say it is a waste of money. -.-

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I'll give you some advice...even if you do have the money, you'll buy everything...some of it will just sit and then you will regret buying it down the road because you'll always want more. Its contagious and a vicious cycle. How do I know? Because I used to be the same way. I wanted EVERYTHING and I wanted it NOW. Don't stress over it. Just purchase a few things every now and then or really save a lot of money and buy 1 thing that is really really going to improve your show / magic.

Dec 11, 2010
California
i would say, stay away from buying decks online. Although many of the decks released are great, but if you are having financial problems, stick with the bikes. You can buy a brick at costco, or buy them at walmart. Those are the cheapest decks I have been able to find. Also take good care of your cards (wash your hands before practicing, etc.)

Also like what RickEverhart said. Dont stress out about not having the "latest and greatest" gimmick or deck. Practice what you do know, and seriously think about whether or not you NEED the "newest release". Chances are you don't.

Sep 11, 2010
Also remember to limit the amount of uncut sheets you buy because they have no other practical value than for collection. To buy playing cards, go to the local Walmart, Target, Costco, or your equivalent. Although Theory11 does provide amazing quality, standard playing cards work just as well for only a quarter of the cost.

Think of it as this way.

Step 1: Go buy some books or videos, they don't have to be new.
Step 2: Practice the moves until they're ready for a performance.
Step 3: Fit in the illusions so they work with your current routine.
Step 4: Go busk/start performing shows.
Step 5: Go buy the new stuff you want, or buy more tricks and repeat the cycle.

Jun 22, 2010
Martinez, CA
I had this same problem, my solution: I now work in my school cafeteria and get paid reasonably enough to fill my magic needs, however just because you make money doesn't mean you spend it all, you just now have the option, listen to what they're saying, they're good ideas but a small job to pay for those few cards or whatever you buy wouldn't hurt.

Oct 31, 2010
I had this same problem, my solution: I now work in my school cafeteria and get paid reasonably enough to fill my magic needs, however just because you make money doesn't mean you spend it all, you just now have the option, listen to what they're saying, they're good ideas but a small job to pay for those few cards or whatever you buy wouldn't hurt.

Tnx For your suggestion but i can't to work now.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results