Ideas for a wedding show?

Sep 21, 2010
HI, anyone have any good ideas or tricks for a wedding that include the bride and the groom? I already have some ideas with some ring tricks... thanks :)

Although i cannot give advice on what to do i can give you advice on what to pick.
Weddings are not usually the place to gain new customers you are there for a specific reason and mostly you are only given a few minutes to perform. So when you are performing keep in mind the bride is a total mess since she probably spent the last 3 nights screaming her lungs out. Also the groom probably feels a little bit sad too since he was the dude who got screamed at. SO focus your whole attention to them. It´s their special day and it should be about them. Pick an effect that will show their love for one another and build a presentation that compliments them.

Good Luck, weddings are awesome to perform at(lots of food).

M.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I have done a few weddings in my time.
Tips:
1.) Don't bother the bride and groom until the evening is well under way and you see that they are done stressing about the pics, food, speeches, etc. Once they have had a few drinks and are dancing and having fun...have at it. Same goes for the parents of the bride and groom. They are a mess up until everything is well under way. Trust me they do not want to see a magic trick 10 minutes prior to the speeches being made.
2.) Make it a point to try and hit every table for a few minutes and the guests who are NOT into drinking and dancing will be some of your best spectators because they are sitting there bored at the table and having nothing to do. This makes them feel special like they get to enjoy something too.
3.) Get great pics of yourself performing and use these on your website if you have the bride and grooms permission. Sometimes you are able to talk to the photographer a head of time since they are shooting pics anyway and have them email you a few for free or offer a free gig to the photographer / family. This is what I do.
4.) Arrive early to the reception and scope out the room and your plan of attack. By early I mean a minimum of a half hour. Check your effects / pocket management, etc.
5.) Be ready for the drunk guy who wants to follow you to every table and heckle and tries to expose the effect and be funny.
6.) Don't hit on girls who you think are single because chances are the big guy over at the bar getting drinks is soon to be back...NOT COOL. Ha ha.
7.) This is NOT your night to be the center of attention so don't try to be. You are just in the background making sure guests are entertained and having fun.
8.) At some point...yes..doing something special for the bride and groom over at their table one on one.

I'll think of more later. I'm at work. Ha Ha.

Sep 21, 2010
I have done a few weddings in my time.
Tips:
1.) Don't bother the bride and groom until the evening is well under way and you see that they are done stressing about the pics, food, speeches, etc. Once they have had a few drinks and are dancing and having fun...have at it. Same goes for the parents of the bride and groom. They are a mess up until everything is well under way. Trust me they do not want to see a magic trick 10 minutes prior to the speeches being made.
2.) Make it a point to try and hit every table for a few minutes and the guests who are NOT into drinking and dancing will be some of your best spectators because they are sitting there bored at the table and having nothing to do. This makes them feel special like they get to enjoy something too.
3.) Get great pics of yourself performing and use these on your website if you have the bride and grooms permission. Sometimes you are able to talk to the photographer a head of time since they are shooting pics anyway and have them email you a few for free or offer a free gig to the photographer / family. This is what I do.
4.) Arrive early to the reception and scope out the room and your plan of attack. By early I mean a minimum of a half hour. Check your effects / pocket management, etc.
5.) Be ready for the drunk guy who wants to follow you to every table and heckle and tries to expose the effect and be funny.
6.) Don't hit on girls who you think are single because chances are the big guy over at the bar getting drinks is soon to be back...NOT COOL. Ha ha.
7.) This is NOT your night to be the center of attention so don't try to be. You are just in the background making sure guests are entertained and having fun.
8.) At some point...yes..doing something special for the bride and groom over at their table one on one.

I'll think of more later. I'm at work. Ha Ha.

Thank you for ur awesome tips :)

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Click download (for free) and read. There is a wonderful trick within that preview, though you'll need your own method, that is probably one of the best ideas I've ever read for a wedding trick.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results