Impression Pad

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
Anything and everything from John Riggs

You can get them via Carlyle or go direct to John (you'll have to email him to get to the products page, understand that Jon St. Germain is his public image)

Depending on how you plan on using the device I would suggest the Brown Hornet for stage work and the Butterfly for close-up/ strolling situations

Apr 7, 2011
the underground.
I've been using Psypher by b.Smith from Papercrane and I give it 2 thumbs up! Fits practically any scenario you'll encounter! Give it a try.

Sep 27, 2007
Cenozoic, Oligocene
LOL! I <3 you Cyril

You'd love me even more because I forgot that it's also the best Haunted deck, best thumper, best thumb tip, best pk ring, best roughing spray, best invisible thread, best stop watch, best bill change, best levitation, best rising card. Not not the best mentalism DVD sorry.

Sorry kid, not to be mean, but I'm starting to suspect you're one of those "spam bots".
Just joking, but seriously, do the research yourself.
If you're interested in a product, look at reviews.
Use the search function on this forum.
Google it up.

The reason why everyone seems to be trolling is that it seems that you make no effort to do any reseach beforehand before posting questions.
Judging by the frequency of the new threads you post, which is about 1 per day...
Then again, correlation is not causation lol.

Herp Derp

Aug 14, 2010
Even if I already know a good impression pad, I'm still asking for opinions. Thanks!

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
Enzo... while I can appreciate your enthusiasm I think you have your priorities a bit out of whack; owning "the best" doesn't mean you'll be good. I know many an award winning act that gets away with homemade props that by today's standards, look rather crappy and aren't as deceptive as "the best" out there. . .

I've watched guys use the cheapest worse made thumb tips in the business blow the minds of pros like Larry Jennings and even the Professors (Vernon) and yet I've watched top rated pros do very shoddy work using a $75.00 custom made tip.

The point is, you don't need "the best" until you learn how to be good working with the basics, otherwise you're just wasting your money, especially when you're too lazy to actually learn how to use said device.

I probably have over a dozen different Impression devices and yet, the one I use 90% of the time is the John Riggs Butterfly which, outside John's Brown Hornet and Cicada, is probably one of the most popular Imp pads used by working pros. The Swami Gimmick I use however, are the one's I make (and am now making for others it would seem); they are crude & ugly but they work and when handled properly, are invisible.

I don't know if you're catching on to what I'm trying to convey here, I hope so. I'm trying to be kind and point out that your enthusiasm is making you look like a buffoon that has no discipline or direction. . . a poor little rich kid, to coin a phrase; which happens to be one of the biggest turn-offs going. So maybe you need to slow down a bit and pay attention to what people are saying in the forums; not just here but other sites like the Magic Cafe or TalkMagic, etc. so you can make decisions based on what a wide variety of people are saying -- LISTEN don't speak! Not until you start getting a better understanding on things as well as experience, otherwise you just look like an ass.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results