Why all the Youtube hate?

Apr 14, 2011
Basically why does it seem like most people here and on other websites hate youtube so much? I really like using youtube, personally.

Jul 29, 2010
Burbank, CA
I'd say none of the Theory 11 members hate You Tube, and even I don't think You Tube so much. For watching performances, it's quite alright. But when it comes to learning, that's when it becomes possible, but not as ethical and definitely not ideal. And just in case you think what I just said is lame, because I didn't, Bayme said that in a podcast answering my question with Jikh between 19:40 - 20:10. Again, I'm not saying You Tube sucks.

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
Basically why does it seem like most people here and on other websites hate youtube so much? I really like using youtube, personally.

I don't think they hate Youtube. They hate magic EXPOSURE on Youtube. I personally think it's a great way to connect with other magicians and see some nice magic. :)

(If you don't believe me, look at my signature:))

Sep 1, 2010
yeah, i don't like the exposure of the magic, joking exposure can be funny, but yeah, that's about it :s but i do like youtube :)

yes exposure, and just crappy performances. with youtube we get tons of kids just trying to up their subscribers and viewers just by doing lots of crap magic without any real practice or thought put into what they do. also the exposure is CRAZY REDIC. just search any trick exposed and you'll find a little kid with some hat on showing you how to do this and their crappy DL they have been working on for the last 5 days during school. There are great things about youtube, like performance videos (check out lee ashers site for a whole bunch of great performances) and some good tips and tricks from other magicians, but we are getting over loaded by David J Castles and we as a magic community shouldnt be doing this for fame or fortune, we should be doing magic for the art and the fun and passion. if we were more into the art of performance and entertainment, then fame will come our way to those who deserve it.
If we ever hate on youtube, that is why

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
yes exposure, and just crappy performances. with youtube we get tons of kids just trying to up their subscribers and viewers just by doing lots of crap magic without any real practice or thought put into what they do. also the exposure is CRAZY REDIC. just search any trick exposed and you'll find a little kid with some hat on showing you how to do this and their crappy DL they have been working on for the last 5 days during school. There are great things about youtube, like performance videos (check out lee ashers site for a whole bunch of great performances) and some good tips and tricks from other magicians, but we are getting over loaded by David J Castles and we as a magic community shouldnt be doing this for fame or fortune, we should be doing magic for the art and the fun and passion. if we were more into the art of performance and entertainment, then fame will come our way to those who deserve it.
If we ever hate on youtube, that is why

Let's not forget the silent videos with screamo playing in the background

Feb 12, 2011
At my Computer
People hate YouTube because half the people with YTs have never done a live performance and have basically no talent (but because they know how to put a video online they do it anyway). And these people think they can judge other peoples work as bad just because its as easy as a comment to say someone stinks when they are better than you are. I have seen people with over a thousand subscribers threaten to quit because of kids who have not even posted videos telling them there not good when they are one of the best on YouTube. I wish that YouTube could be a place where people share creative feedback instead of such hateful comments. Also people hate YouTube because little kids give some many tutorials on stuff they can't even do themselves. It is so easy to see a trick and look it up on YT and figure out who its done (A lot of times wrong explanation that seem so nonimpressive that nonmagicians believe them and they just decide to dislike magic). Thats why some people hate YouTube;.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results