When can you say your decks need to retire?

Apr 9, 2011
I've been using my standard bicycle deck for typical wear n' tear for about 2 months now and i realize it's not what it used to be anymore. it's bent on all sides (because of card springs, le paul spreads, and waterfall drops) but worst of all, it clumps when it fans anymore. i'm an avid deck fanner and i know how to fan but i can't seem to do it with my practice deck anymore. i don't have any porper clips but i do pin them between books for a day or so, still it doesn't flatten the cards individually. should i replace it?

how bout your opinion? any opinions are open :)

yea. bikes rnt that expensive. if you could find someone with a BJ or Costco membership u can get a brick for pretty cheap.
cards are cards, they wont feel hurt from you getting rid of them
practice your TNR routines and mercury card fold with that deck.
also get a porperclip if you can. it will help the longevity of the deck

Apr 9, 2011
im actually from the philippines where the humidity is hot and standard bikes are expensive like $3 expensive lol. but i have a stock in my cabinet so no worries, i guess it's time to call this deck quits :)

If it's humid, a porper clip is HIGHLY recommended. The deck is probably getting warped while it's in your pocket.

I would say that you should switch your deck if it can't fan and is clumping. I keep one of my used decks beside me when I'm practicing so I know when my current deck is done.

Apr 9, 2011
If it's humid, a porper clip is HIGHLY recommended. The deck is probably getting warped while it's in your pocket.

I would say that you should switch your deck if it can't fan and is clumping. I keep one of my used decks beside me when I'm practicing so I know when my current deck is done.

i haven't bought a porperclip so i'm pinning the decks with a book and a paperweight on top in the mean time :) and no i dont bring my decks out much so there's no need about them warping when im outside, though i have probably got to switch to a new deck right now :)

Dec 20, 2009
Mumbai, India
Well, I find a deck loses its 'crispness' after about a month of use. However the quality can be improved if you put them in a cool, dry place. Like an air-conditioned room. I find that brings back the smoothness to the cards.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results