what to buy

Apr 16, 2011
i want to learn the classic pass but i also want to learn some other passes as well.........but i cant seem to find a book or dvd that includes the classic pass and some other passes!

Jul 27, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
If you don't know a classic pass, then I would say the Paper Engine is not the book for you. On the back it says this book will help you take your magic from intermediate to advanced. You definitely need an understanding of the basic sleights. I would suggest the Classic Pass download by Jason England from this site.

Jan 20, 2009
California
The best place to learn the pass is Richard Kaufman's dvd on the pass
he will teach you 10 diffrent passes as well as covers for the pass
and 5 diffrent tricks using the pass.

also gary ouellet has a book and video set on the pass wich is very
good he also has some shifts and color changes in there and two tricks
the asher twist and chris kenners shifty.

Mar 21, 2011
I learned the classic pass from YouTube when I got started with cards, then got The Blue Crown's video on the Brick Pass to improve it a little.

Jun 10, 2010
On The Pass - Richard Kaufman (DVD)
Classic Pass - Jason England (T11 Download)

I'd recommend Jason's teaching over Kaufman's. But that's just me. (It's also cheaper, so there's another factor right there.)

Nov 27, 2009
I had help from my mentor and it took me 2 or 3 weeks of practicing every chance I got before I even considered doing it in performance. I still could improve and I've been doing the move for about a year, but I think this is true with every move I do.

My biggest advise is to find someone who knows the move and have them critique you one on one, live if possible, via web cam if not live. This is what helped me more than anything. For one thing I learned it from Royal Road to Card Magic, and learning the pass from a book is hard, even if the book is one of the best. I had the mechanics wrong at first because I didn't understand the function of the right hand, and how the hands are supposed to cooperate, but luckily my mentor was able to correct me before I had the incorrect movement ingrained in my muscle memory.

I also don't suggest ever doing the move without cover, no matter how good you get. I always make sure that my spectators are looking away from my hands when I do the move, though I've done it with people looking at my hands and not been caught. If they're not looking away from my hands, I try to divide their attention between my hands and my presentation as much as possible.

May 17, 2011
You should look into Robert Giobbi's Card College series. The first book you can probably skip but book 2 is where the pass is spelled out in great detail with effects to go with it. It's not video but the card college series is great in general.

-Chris

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results