New Effect I Created!

Apr 25, 2010
Hey guys,
So I recently created a shootout move from a sandwich.

I filmed it and was wondering what all of your thoughts were on it. This is just a quick routine I put together so it can be more of an effect rather than just a move. I just added a kickback phase just to fill it out a little more. Its kinda like adding peppers onions olives,basil, and other deliciousness to an already tasty pizza.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY6_4AiGjPU

Check it out! and please let me know what you all think.

Thanks,
-Ariel

Sep 7, 2008
Looked cool!

The Tilt (Depth Illusion) looked a little rushed and sloppy. Although not necessary, when using it more than once in a routine, there are a plethora of other "convincers" than the classic Howie Schwartzman move.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I like the effect but definitely agree with Jeff....slow down the "tilt". It is waaaaaaaayyyy too much in a hurry. You can do it slowly and nobody catches it.

Jeff what exactly is the Howie convincer? Just curious because I will be meeting Howie this weekend at the Battle of Magicians convention in Ohio.

Haha that was awesome man! I too have also created a move that can be used as a color change or a switch or as a control. Tell me what you think. If you know that secret, please pm me. i would like to know how many people knows how this trick is done. I sent it to t11 and blue crown but they haven't responded to me yet so i want some comments and critics from you guys. Cheers!

Kenny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1iCI8A-tis

Sep 17, 2007
The Schwartzman subtlety is the one where you poke some cards out of the middle of the deck before inserting it into the Tilt break. I met Howie a few months ago and learned that bit of info. I always thought it was Jennings for some reason!

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
The magic is pretty cool, I don't know if you're the first to do it but the move is nice.

When you perform you make a sound a lot, it's a short thing when you separate your lips and it sounds a bit like a kiss, try to stop doing on film as it's annoying as hell. Magician often pick up fallback words or have "tells" for when they do a move, Calen Morelli is awful for saying "K" and it ruins his videos a little bit for me so work on that.

I loved it. You do need tad more practice to make it a bit smoother looking but over all effect boofo! Just one word of advice who is your main audience for this effect? The magician or the layperson? If the layperson then do not worry about every move being so darn good you fool us as well I can assure you the layman doesn't know if your doing a false cut or a double lift or even if theres a gaff card involved all they see is the effect and how you perform it. My mentor and good friend Jimmy taught me that. Again very very nice keep it up I look forward to more from you.

As I don't know the mechanics I can't be sure if its the same move, but I have seen something extremely similar to this a while back. I'll try and find where I saw it and let you know.

The only comment I would say is when you do this pop out move it would be a bit nicer to have it square between the jacks. In the first performance you did you had the two jacks and the card kind of popped out the side.

Glad to see that you are creating and posting live performance clips!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results