Falling Elevator - Bizau Vasile Cristian

Apr 7, 2011
the underground.
There’s a plethora of variations and takes on the Rising Card Plot – Bizau Vasile Cristian offers a new and fresh approach to performing the Rising Card effect...

Falling Elevator by Bizau Vasile Cristian

A freely selected card, signed, is placed on top of the deck, outjogged. Visually and slowly it descends down to the very bottom of the deck - only for the surprise kicker – the card actually made its way to the top of the deck.

Falling Elevator utilizes no gimmicks or switches, and there are no duplicates. You can openly show the deck front and back – there is nothing to conceal. Falling Elevator is accomplished by an ingenious and cunning sleight that allows the performer to cleanly and smoothly drop the card down the deck – to the desired position.

Bizau Vasile Cristian takes you into the ‘starting position’ and the breakdown of the ‘sleight’. He also teaches variations and applications of the ‘Choke Sleight’ – more time is spent on the latter throughout the 14 minute video, but his teaching is efficient.

The video is not up to par to Papercrane’s releases, but it’s apparent it was filmed by Christian himself and edited by Papercrane, but it does not take away from the video as you easily see and hear Christian although, different angles should have been a must.

This is by no means a knuckle-buster, but it does range on the Intermediate-scale. This isn’t something a beginner can easily master in a matter of minutes, but time should be spent on perfecting the sleight to perform this effect flawlessly and effortlessly. Another nice addition to Falling Elevator is the minute shaking of the deck – even in slowmo throughout the trailer it’s entertaining to watch, just as much as it’s entertaining to perform.

If you want to add another Rising Card into your collection or arsenal, than I suggest taking a look into Falling Elevator – for $8 you can’t go wrong for an effect with a brilliant method and killer ending.

http://papercranemagic.com/fallingelevator.htm

Jan 12, 2010
Good review (although, I can't agree with the part you unnecessarily added to 'openly showing the deck's front and back').

The main issue with the release is that you might not understand the elevator sleight from the tutorial (I know an intermediate, close to advanced magician who had quite some trouble getting the sleight right from the tutorial and needed my help for that). I think that if it'd be explained better, included the better angles you mentioned, even amateurs could be able to learn this.

I think they'd be better off if they would ask Cris to film a bit more, which wouldn't be much of a problem.

My review could be found here.

Apr 7, 2011
the underground.
When I mentioned that the deck would be 'openly shown front and back' I meant was that each time the card descends you can briefly flash the deck, as shown in the trailer.

Jan 12, 2010
I know, but you said "there is nothing to conceal" which I think you shouldn't have added. Other than that, I agree with everything you said.

Apr 7, 2011
the underground.
I know, but you said "there is nothing to conceal" which I think you shouldn't have added. Other than that, I agree with everything you said.

Well, that's also true, and I agree, but than again, if you're performing this effect without the surprise-kicker at the end, you don't have anything to conceal. ;)

Jan 12, 2010
Okay, okay, true. :D
But, Cris literally said you shouldn't do it without the surprise-kicker. ;)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results