Question Concerning JB?

May 14, 2011
Was Jonathan Bayme the president of Ellusionist? I have seen it on his Facebook profile and on some other site. I mean why JB left elllusionist while it was his own website?

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
I don't think he owned Ellusionist. I just think he worked for them. But I'm not 100% sure. What he said is that they had some creative differences, and he decided to leave.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
I started working at Ellusionist around 2001. I was 14 at the time. 8th grade. I remember staying inside during recess and answering support tickets from members around the world. It was an amazing feeling, a part of something much larger than myself as the online magic community was in its infancy. With the success of David Blaine, magic's popularity overall began to blossom. Skyrocket would be a better word for it.

Around that time, I created a discussion forum for Ellusionist at an old website called EZboard. The community quickly grew by leaps and bounds. As the years passed, my role evolved from those forums to creative consultant, creative executive, and thereafter - President. We began working with Wayne Houchin, Daniel Garcia, Dan and Dave, De'vo, and many other immensely talented creators.

Still true today, there were many sleepless nights of focused work along the way. Just last week, I was up to 6am EST three nights in a row. It's always a strange feeling when you're going to sleep when it's light outside. But I'm deeply passionate about what we do.

While working with Ellusionist, I was performing in theater shows of my own, and grew close with many of the artists that I am proud to call my friends today. I met Chris Kenner after a Copperfield show in my hometown when I was 13. We kept in touch every day since.

In February of 2007, with great gratitude and respect, I resigned as President. I was 19. In August of 2007, theory11 launched after weeks of anticipation, no sleep, lots of production, and intense thought. While imperfect and constantly advancing, we place great emphasis on this community and the creative, intimate relationships we have built with our artists and advisors. Based on an initial 11, we now work with 42 artists, and in three months, will be celebrating four years of a site and community that you guys - not just us - have created.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results