new decks

May 17, 2011
Sorry, I know I posted a thread like 6 hours ago but I really need help.
So my dilemma is this, I have plenty of cards, probably more than the average, even on this forum, but many of my decks are the same. I have lots of tally ho's (I think there my favorites, those and stingers) and plenty of Wynns, I also have the usuals, bicycles, bees, Alladin 1001's. Now, I'm planing on getting one brick of a new type of cards, mix it up a little, right now my eye is on some massa's, they have a nice casual look and I've herd good thing, but I have never tried them and am still hesitating.

So here's how you can help, please ether suggest your favorite deck and/or tell me what you think of massa's.

just as a heads up, I'm not going to buy anything from E, and all the decks from Theory 11 that I like I have.

thanks for your help and sorry for putting up two questions in a day.

Jun 22, 2010
Martinez, CA
Your saying sorry for wanting information to help you succeed in this beautiful art??(This topic being in the Cardistry section I'm supposing they are for cardistry) I've had several people say this to me and I don't understand why they feel that it isn't good to ask questions.

Anyways.. I am actually going on a playing card fast (Lol..) I haven't bought that many cards (excluding new releases where I buy a pack of the new deck also excluding the two decks of Erdnase 1902 smith back No.2s I'm getting this weekend for the DnD raffle.
I'm waiting to buy a brick of DnD's Smoke and mirrors V6 which will be released this summer. I only have two smoke and mirrors a V4 and V5 but I love them I think I can safely say they are one of my favorites. I personally do not recommend Massa, I don't own any however they seem so ordinary to me, kind of like Bees (borderless) I just don't like them. Also checkout Bicycle league backs, a nice variation to bicycle that's nice to the eye and slightly better quality then normal bicycles. I hope this helps you with your dilemma,

~Erick.

100th post! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
May 17, 2011
I don't mean to apologies for the question itself, and I agree that asking for help when you need it should be encouraged, I was actually apologizing because I put two threads in one day, but when I think about it thats no reason to apologize so I guess your right.
(and yes I am more of a cardist than magicians, with cards anyway)
that say'd, I agree with what your saying about the massa'a looks but even so I find they have a sertan charm, I'm actually just a little skeptical about there handling, the linen finish is the same they use in some dollar store cards (do's not inspire confidence hun?) however, cards like this can some times surprise you, I just what to avoid a bad surprise.
As for the smoke & mirrors, I'll definitely consider waiting for those, I actually don't have a single deck of those and it looks like I'm missing out.
Good luck woth your fast (I know the feeling)

Jun 22, 2010
Martinez, CA
A perfect solution for you by what I'm interpreting is that you want to try them, buying a brick isn't exactly the smartest way to try a deck. (Not saying your stupid) Just buy a pack or two to try them out, if you like them then buy the brick if not, you saved yourself the money on the brick.

Also, have you seen the borderless WPT playing cards? Just throwing another option out there.

May 17, 2011
Yeah your right, I should probably get a pack and chose for myself (don't worry about calling me stupid, most people are and I don't mean that in an offensive manner it's just that it's been proven that our thought patterns aren't very efficient), actually that was the original plan but when I look'd on my local magic stores website, they didn't have them, and I really hate paying around 10 dollars (because of shipping) for a deck that I might buy a dozen of later. I'll see but I think I am going to try and see if theres any way for me to get my hands on a deck locally.
As for the WPT I have seen them before and I just google'd them, These really aren't my type, there nice but not for me.

May 17, 2011
yep, I guess to each his own, cardistry wouldn't be cardistry if everyone didn't have a deck preference, then again the deck dose not make the artist so it really isn't all that important, I'll try and get a pack of massa, if I like them then I'll get the brick if not then I'll way for D&D v6 probably, those sound pretty good.

for cuts i like the Wynn decks for other kind of flourishing i highly recommend you the split spades and the sentinels. i had 6 bricks of massas decks and my opinion they are the worst decks ive ever had.

May 17, 2011
...................ah.......so much for my massa expectations, I'll still try to get one to try it.
As for wynns, I already have several bricks, the split spades I really like but you can't get them anywhere, if you can send me a link please. And the sentinels, I'll see, I thind they sell them at my local magic shop so I can try a pack.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results