looking for a useful card technique for stacking selections

Sep 20, 2010
hey,

i got a new cards effect idea and i am now working about the technique, i got a problem with placing two selections in places 5,6 from the top, the top 4 cards must stay in order.. any ideas or tips? i am looking for something clean and smooth, and 4 cards tilt doesnt fit me that well..

Jan 21, 2009
"Allow me to insert *turning to #1* your card here and *to #2* the same with your card, square them with the deck, and then cut and shuffle the pack to place it in a random order."

Diagonal insert into swing cut control to the top, then overhand shuffle control to the top running four cards durring the beginning of the shuffle.

Jan 21, 2009
If by "smooth and clean" you mean a direct control to the fifth and sixth position, then you can have the cards selected with the DMB control and use Tony Chang's cull to move the cards where you need them. Instead of culling to the bottom, break the receiving hand away from the spread with the amount of cards you want over the selection, only then closing the spread.

Sep 2, 2007
London
I think a bluff pass fits the bill precisely. This is exactly the kind of situation it was designed for. You would be left with the impression of the two selections being inserted into two random positions in the deck, everything stays in order, and there's no extra spreading, shuffling or cutting.

Sep 20, 2010
thanks to all, i got to say that i didnt understand completly the over hand shuffle suggestion, i think the bluff pass is a good solution to this probleam in theory but doing two bluff pass in a row with a 4 cards break and then a 5 cards break is not comftable , if you want to do a bluff conviser its even more copmplicated..

if any one got a routine that he apply one of those moves i will love to hear some tips, i think maybe to keep the 4 cards stack on the bottom control 2 cards to the top and than move the 4 cards to the top

Jul 13, 2009
Edmonton, Canada
What i would do is ... Put the 4 cards in order at the bottom of the deck, place their selection on top of the deck. Say that you will lose the selection and double undercut the 4 card to the top of the deck. A few false cuts and riffle shuffle retaining the upper packet, and show that their card is nor on top or the bottom of the deck, thus it should be somewhere IN the deck ...

Nov 8, 2007
i think the bluff pass is a good solution to this probleam in theory but doing two bluff pass in a row with a 4 cards break and then a 5 cards break is not comftable , if you want to do a bluff conviser its even more copmplicated..

I agree with TheatreHead and TeeDee as the Bluff Pass being the best option. It's clear and concise in method and conveys what you want it to. Perhaps it feels uncomfortable at first, but you replied saying so just a few hours after the Bluff Pass was suggested. Why not spend some time practicing it before you discard it? That's the point of practicing new ideas--learning how to make them work.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
To extend on what others said about the bluff pass. You discredit the move when it is perfect, and because it is too difficult especially when you want to add a convincer. Which convincer are yu talking about dribbling the cards it may be however there are many many other convincers that can be used. As for the changing the posistion of the break, you are over complicating things, have your break under four cards do the move with the second selection first placing it fifth from the top then do it with four cards again placing the selection fifth from the top, thus moving the other selection to the sixth posistion.

As far as what control you should use there are too many options available for you it depends on what you want the result to be on your spectator. Do you want the cards to appear to go into different parts under incredibly fair conditions or do you want the cards to be lost under the guise of a shuffle. These questions you have not asked yourself make all the difference when performing in the real world.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results