Custom Transformation Cards

Hey everyone, this year I started an art project, which is a custom deck of transformation cards. They're 2 feet tall and are all cut-out from paper, but I've been told to print it as a real deck.

I've started to share my project on some other forums, but I'd like to share it here and get your feedback.

I'm making 1 card a week, but I will make the 2 jokers and a back design.

VIDEO Update: The complete deck
The Curator Deck

7-Frames3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
The designs in some of those cards are wickedly awesome. If I were to make a whole wall of playing cards, I would definitely stick these there. Keep up the great work! It was really a pleasure to see them!

Nov 19, 2010
Can't wait to see the rest of the deck please post on the forums again when the deck is finished.
That artwork is just amazing I literally said WOW on every card. Really great job

Apr 14, 2011
Omg

That was amazing. The best 'artsy' deck with custom faces I've seen yet. You've got talent. Literally said wow about 20 times. Make this. Talk to bicycle when you're done.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
What an amazingly creative project. Can't wait to see the video of the next two suits and maybe the appearance of jokers?

Jun 1, 2009
There were only maybe one or two that didn't really hit if off with me, but that in no way takes away from the artistic talent and display here. I would sooo buy these, as either a regular sized deck, or wall pieces. Fantastic work man!

Jacob

Sep 28, 2011
keep in mind i know some (if not all) of these cards are old. and i will be getting new cards, depending on what people say,.
on a funny note,
i had gamma the magnet warrior. and guess what..i thought he was useless..so i ripped it into a thousand pieces.a few days later..i find out he is a rare.

To give an update, the Curator Deck is complete, and I'm about to have a series of art shows for the deck over the next four months. I'll likely set up a kickstarter page soon, and hopefully the art shows will be beneficial for exposure. Also, I've started a second deck which has a bird theme.

Video (original post also updated):
[video]http://animoto.com/play/o0MJuexSHlzENyOPSK1fSg[/video]

And to give an idea of what the uncut sheets will look like, here's a poster print of the cards that I'm planning to sell at the art shows:
CuratorPrint.jpg

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results