Rabbit Out Of A Hat!

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Hello Everybody..

So does any of you knows how to do this trick? while it`s a cliche that a magician can appear a bunny out of a hat, in reality is almost impossible to find somebody that have actually seen this trick live...let alone a magician that does it...

I was asked by a place to do this trick (the place is called white rabbit) so I was looking for the method of this trick...does anybody knows any source or method that could please point me out?

I personally think is gonna be so much fun!!

thanks in advance...

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
You could do a gag instead and produce sponge rabbit out of your hat. Build it up, and when you start to pull it out, struggle with it acting like it is a real rabbit. Then, you pull it out and look disappointed (in a comical way). This will get a laugh and you could say something along the lines of "I must have left the real one at home!"

This is just something that I came up with on the top of my head as I don't know any methods for what you are asking. Good luck with the gig Luis! I'm sure you will do great!

Jun 26, 2009
Justin Kredible

When I was little, my friend had a birthday party where Justin Kredible performed! Be aware that this was WAY before all his fame in the entertainment industry and before we all knew him to be the AWESOME magician he is today. I was probably six at the time and Justin pulled a rabbit out of a hat. Me, not being the magician I am today, thought it was amazing! So, if you contact him, he will reply relatively fast with his input. He's a great guy.

Cheers;

zdog

Nov 27, 2009
Jean Hugard published a book called Hugard's Magic Manual that had an entire chapter on producing things from a hat. Most of the methods were designed for stage work, but could easily be adopted for parlor sized audiences or maybe bar work. PM me for more info. I remember the general idea behind most of the methods. I used to have a copy, but I gave it to a friend, much to my regret. The book is now being sold on Amazon.com for ridiculously large amounts of money new, or about $7 U.S used. Check the link below if your interested.

http://www.amazon.com/Hugards-Magic-Manual-Cards-Coins/dp/0486418774

EDIT: A little more research yielded this result from Mad Hatter Magic shop. This may be a more useful link.

Sep 9, 2010
Well you could always search "Masked Magician rabbit out of hat" I dont like him, but he shows how it's done. also, if you want humor out of it, you might wanna go this route: http://www.magicgeek.com/rabbid-1986.html I believe you could also find something that could be changed to work witha rabbit and hat in Mark Wilson's Complete Course, but don't hold me to that.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results