Question - Joe Porper Card Clip

May 12, 2011
I recently got a Joe Porper Clip and placed a bicycle deck with 56 cards in it and can't get it out so I had to cut the sides of the box which means I destroyed my card box.:( Now I learned that the maximum cards you can place is 54. So my 2 questions are:

1. What are the advantages other than keeping your cards flat?

2. Will it really damage the card box? Is there a way to prevent that?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Alex,

Congrats on the clip, you won't regret it!
How do you get 56 cards, you don't remove the ad cards?

To my knowledge, the clip is made for 54+box. If it doesnt fit easely, try to bend the flaps outward a little bit; don't worry it wont break! This way you can loosen it a little bit, and your deck will fit in more easily!

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Aron
OpenCardCo.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
I recently got a Joe Porper Clip and placed a bicycle deck with 56 cards in it and can't get it out so I had to cut the sides of the box which means I destroyed my card box.:( Now I learned that the maximum cards you can place is 54. So my 2 questions are:

1. What are the advantages other than keeping your cards flat?

2. Will it really damage the card box? Is there a way to prevent that?

Thanks!

There should be no reason that 56 cards won't fit in the clip, EXCEPT if you are using a custom deck that is thicker than normal Bicycles. If you are using a custom deck, get the larger sized clip. Also, the clips are a little tight when you first get them and you can bend them slightly. Finally, make sure you remove the deck by rotating it out rather than just pulling itout (I can elaborate if that is unclear).

As for your questions, keeping the cards flat is the only benefit, but that let's you use the decks for a longer period of time. As you get used to rotating the deck out of the clip, any damage to the box is minimized.

Sep 1, 2007
Porthcawl, Wales.
I've had my Porper Clip for about 5 years now. Two main advantages of keeping the cards in the Porper Clip are; The cards stay close to newly opened condition for longer. Keeps the cards crisp and snappy.

As for the card box, to stop it getting scratched, i leave the cellophane on the box after I've opened the deck. This also makes it easy to slide the deck out. One other thing, if you have less cards in the box, i.e. a standard 52, then the box will obtain less scratches over time.

Hope this helps,

Lloyd

Apr 2, 2011
Chicago, IL
I have found that, depending on the state of the cards, humidity, etc., that fit in the clip changes. I'm always changing the number of cards I have in there. Sometimes it's just the standard 52, sometimes it 52 plus jokers, sometimes it's even more. Adding or subtracting cards is one way to customize the fit of the deck in the clip.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results