Best tricks to do for Teens.

Sep 9, 2010
I think this would be really helpful, especially to a lot of the other teens here like myself.
I'm not really sure what effects are the best yet.. I know cards are definitely NOT. I think vanishing lit match is probably great because, hello, TEENS. LOVE. FIRE. Obviously it's all in your performance, but there is a noticeable difference in the reaction of some tricks vs others. So.. what are your suggestions?

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
Any tricks basically. I'm a teen and the majority of people I perform for are teens. Card tricks definitely work well with them. I mean, what teenager doesn't play cards? I know it's cliche' and every magician recommends this trick but French Kiss really works, especially with girls. There's this certain level of awkwardness and intimacy that makes the outcome so much more amazing. :)

Other than card tricks, try some fire related tricks (nothing dangerous though) and money magic. Just be sure to do magic with stuff that they're familiar with. And make sure you don't do anything too "egotistically injuring" to any guys when you're performing for a group of both genders. We don't like to be shown up by some guy who can do something that we can't figure out, especially when we're around a girl we like. So, be sure to be aware that if you're not careful, you'll get on some guy's bad side.

Sep 9, 2010
Any tricks basically. I'm a teen and the majority of people I perform for are teens. Card tricks definitely work well with them. I mean, what teenager doesn't play cards? I know it's cliche' and every magician recommends this trick but French Kiss really works, especially with girls. There's this certain level of awkwardness and intimacy that makes the outcome so much more amazing. :)

Other than card tricks, try some fire related tricks (nothing dangerous though) and money magic. Just be sure to do magic with stuff that they're familiar with. And make sure you don't do anything too "egotistically injuring" to any guys when you're performing for a group of both genders. We don't like to be shown up by some guy who can do something that we can't figure out, especially when we're around a girl we like. So, be sure to be aware that if you're not careful, you'll get on some guy's bad side.

Completely agree. If the guy seems like an actual nice person. (however unlikely that is, haha) I'll go as far as to make him seem smart in front of the girl. haha

Feb 18, 2011
Under your bed
In the hands transposition.
Two Card Monte.
ACR.
Tivo 2.0
Swiss Made.
Sloppy Triumph.
WILLIAM TELL.
Hand to Mouth.
Autocatch.
Dr. Daley's Last Trick

Anything visual/ interactive.

May 21, 2011
Bedford, England
I recommend tricks that are extremely visual, such as The Hawk 2.0, Digital Dissolve, any piece-by-piece TNR (REF4M maybe?) Telling them to watch closely gets them more involved and when they actually see the moment of magic, they freak out big time!!

I also recommend tricks that defy logic because many teens will be studying for tests and exams, so if you do something that complety defys what they are studying, they will actually believe they just witnessed real magic. A few tricks that relate to this type of magic are: SLR by Paul Harris, Pressure by Daniel Garcia + Dan White, Rattled by Dan Hauss (the audio that is used), any coin in bottle routine, only to name a few.

Also experiement with different types of money effects. Teens are very familiar with money so it will make your performance much stronger because of that connection.

Hope this has helped!

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
I work in a Chemical Dependency Center in the youth/adolescent wing.

So I perform everyday I work for teens, I have some experience with this for sure.

Through a lot of performing with different tricks, these are the ones that hit hard with cards

Card to mouth (it's my 3rd phase to my ACR)
Dr. Daely's
Twisting the Aces, I ADD an Asher Twist-like face up ending and it "kills"
Sloppy Triumph
Kick Back Kings (Lee Smith, ICANDY DVD)
2 Card Transpo
Wicked by John Bannon (Bullet Party DVD)
The Invisible Palm (oooh yeahhh)
My ACR routine works very well

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results