Alchemy for a card reveal?

Jun 13, 2011
Would this work? Here's an example:
Just think. Someone picks a card. It vanishes from the pack. You ask to borrow a coin. With a wave, it tranforms into a folded up card. When unfolded, it is their chosen card.
Thoughts?

i love that idea it sounds incredible. but my question is how would you get the card folded up. and do you have to have good sized hands to perform this effect becasuse ii can even palm a card without it sticking out on one side i know that you dont have to palm the coin. i was just giving you an example

May 19, 2010
I would do something like what Chris Kenner does in five speed. Have the card selected, controlled, palmed, and then hand out the deck to shuffle. Then ask if it would be impressive if you could find their card. Then say that would be impossible so lets move onto something else, like a coin trick. That could be one presentation idea.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
I would just have the card signed, controlled, mercury folded. As you hand the pack to them, retain the card in the left hand. Ask them to shuffle. When they're done, make a joke and say you will do a coin trick since they ruined the first trick by actually shuffling the cards. Borrow a quarter, do Alchemy, and reveal their signed card.

May 26, 2011
I can tell you as an owner of Alchemy that borrowing a coin from a spectator isn't suggested unless you have spectator's that happen to have and enjoy handing over rare coins for you to take. Alchemy is entirely dependent on the size of the coin and weight of the coin as most coin tricks are.

However, Alchemy takes A LOT of work.

Also, Alchemy isn't a good move for multiple spectators. Its a great 1 on 1 move to be executed head on with the spectator.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results