Business card tricks?

I was wondering if any of you guys knew of any good buisness card effects because ive been wanting to get my name out there and pushing buisness cards seems kinda (pardon my french) douchey, so a buisness card effect would be a great way to pass out some cards, any suggestions??

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
The Out to Dinner clip is excellent as well as the Ultra Telethought Wallet 2 (a bit pricey) but worth every dollar. I use both of these to give out my business cards at EVERY gig. I will use one or the other not both.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
There are many routines with Business Cards. . . I believe there is a book out entitled "Here's My Card" that has a few dozen bits.

That said, I should point out that there is a growing trend amongst pros that suggests doing tricks with YOUR OWN card, isn't smart in that it psychologically plants the idea that you don't respect your business in that you mutilate the card. . . there are other reasons that have been brought up in discussion so one may want to consider this and deliberately work with one card of lesser quality when doing tricks. . . even excusing them as being your "old cards" so you have a reason to introduce the nicer quality cards you actually give out to serious business folk. . . in other words, you make that nicer card extra special and something you don't hand out to any random stranger. It's subtle psychology but it can pay off in short time when you work things right.

The other thing to remember is that most any card trick can be done with playing cards. I know a guy in Canada who actually does collect business cards of all kinds. He made up a "deck" of 52 business cards composed of "four suits" so to speak -- four different kinds of businesses. He even went so far as to use different "marks" on the cards that allowed him to assign values such as Ace, Duce, Trey, etc. (think "Phone Numbers).

Why would he do this? you ask

Because a large number of people involved with Mentalism will go out of their way to avoid using Playing Cards in their work; psychological playing cards weaken what we do, as well as our reputation (placing us in the status of being a Magician rather than a Wonder Worker. . . someone that's "more" than a trickster).

The bottom line is, use your imagination. . . there's more than one reason to study Scarnes, or Royal Road. . .

Bizzaro

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Vegas
www.smappdooda.com
Bar none the best business card trick that people will never forget is Close's Moving Pothole effect. (or if you are in a hurry, Jim Pace's Hot leads flaming business card dispenser. )

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I read about it once in my Close lecture notes but never tried it. I'll have to attempt it sometime.
Hot leads for me was a waste. I hated smelling like lighter fluid in my hands and suit coat pockets.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results