New Business Card Design - Thoughts Needed

Mar 12, 2011
The new logo looks a lot more professional all I would say is just to clean it up a bit more and it will be good I think.

Eyebrow placement conveys a message of confused or unsure to me... Not sure if that's what your going for.

If I were you, I'd contact my local art college, and get in touch with a student there, and have them draw a characiture of you for use on your business card. I think you'll get more mileage out of that, compared to what you are currently using.

Feb 4, 2008
Eyebrow placement conveys a message of confused or unsure to me... Not sure if that's what your going for.

If I were you, I'd contact my local art college, and get in touch with a student there, and have them draw a characiture of you for use on your business card. I think you'll get more mileage out of that, compared to what you are currently using.
The style is in Comic Strip style art. Like Farside, Doonesbury, ect. Within that style it fits Josh as a performer as that is another of his hobbies. He certainly could get a caricature artist but I honestly think the detailing on a caricature would not show up well on a business card. That said, I kind of prefer his original sketch as I think the look fits his target audience better. I think the original sketch should stay but just change the overall composition of the rest of the card. Most of the specifics on that have already been mentioned in others in their posts.

The new logo looks a lot more professional all I would say is just to clean it up a bit more and it will be good I think.

Thanks I thought so too!

William Draven said:

Interesting thought on the eyebrows... does anyone else think that

As for getting an art student to draw a logo for me... I AM an art student lol Plus as mentioned above I like the cartoon rather than a photo (or caricature) because it fits my character/personality better and works wells for my target audience (mentioned earlier)

eostresh said:
The style is in Comic Strip style art. Like Farside, Doonesbury, ect. Within that style it fits Josh as a performer as that is another of his hobbies. He certainly could get a caricature artist but I honestly think the detailing on a caricature would not show up well on a business card. That said, I kind of prefer his original sketch as I think the look fits his target audience better. I think the original sketch should stay but just change the overall composition of the rest of the card. Most of the specifics on that have already been mentioned in others in their posts.

I do like the original cartoon, however I have been wanting to update it for a while. My drawing style is kind of like Glen Keanne (a well known Disney animator and one of my idols) and my original sketch was my first attempt at trying to get a cartoon look w/o looking TOO Disney. That being said, when I started sketching out a new logo last year, I realized that I liked the look of the Glen Keanne style "me" better.

If I use the above design and flip the words so its on the left side and but the new logo on the right (once I refine it more) how would that look?

Here's the final logo design!

247828_223826627641749_152357228122023_829773_2058410_n.jpg

also Jay Sankey tweeted me saying :
@JustJoshinMagic YES! Much stronger and cooler! You go boyeeee!

Deff a keeper lol

Also here is a potential new design (Courtesy of Mark Baluk) I love the BG and I just need to mess with the font and add my new logo

justjoshin.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 8, 2011
London
very nice! Do you have any other quotes? I suggest putting them on the back and write what you can be hired for. But it's a great design!

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Just an FYI

What you see on Photoshop is not always what the Business cards end up looking like - especially with Gradient Overlays etc...

Keep that in mind.

very nice! Do you have any other quotes? I suggest putting them on the back and write what you can be hired for. But it's a great design!

I do have other quotes but I'm saving those for my site. On the back I'll have a small space for social media stuff but it will be mainly white so I can write on it

Just an FYI

What you see on Photoshop is not always what the Business cards end up looking like - especially with Gradient Overlays etc...

Keep that in mind.

Oh thanks for the tip!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results