Ring Heist by Marcus Eddie

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
[size=+2]Ring Heist[/size] - Marcus Eddie

I decided to write up a quick review of Marcus Eddie's Ring Heist on Ellusionist.

Quality: We're all used to T11 quality vids, and Ellusionist has never been fantastic quality, but I was pleasantly surprised. The quality rivaled Theory 11 easily, very very nice.

Teaching: It's Marcus Eddie. Yea.

Effect: The effect is quite nice. He gives credit where credit is due, pointing out that Russell Leeds does a similar effect. I prefer Marcus's handling better, and feel it's a bit more practical as the bands are on your wrist, instead of a pile on the table. Very practical nice effect. The angles (when in the actual effect) are ridiculously good. Totally angle proof. The setup and clean up aren't, but you shouldn't have any issues with them, Marcus gives good advice for performing it all in front of an audience.
I feel this is one of those tricks that magician's are just going to love performing just for themselves, cause' it's just so freak'n cool looking. Even in your own hands, it looks great. You can even borrow a spectators ring, nice.

Overall: If you like the looks of the trick, you're gonna like the method (most likely). This is a steal for the price guys. I mean come on, five bucks, really? This is a fantastic deal for a great download. Buy it here.

Cheers,
Ryan

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
Yea, the subtleties with the second band we well thought out, and very convincing. Like I said, he even goes over some good advice on doing it all in front of an audience. It's much more practical than the russell leeds effect. Marcus's is more of a standup version, while russell's requires you to carry around a pile of bands in you pocket, and you use a table (I suppose you could use a specs hand).

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 29, 2009
Just around
Solid, definitely picking this one up. Did you get U turn by chance?
Sorry for not replying sooner, I didn't see this. Anyway, I didn't get U turn. It looks great, but I already spent thirty bucks for Five, which has Stairway on it, which is basically the same thing (U turn is just a small variation). I think I prefer the looks of Stairway better anyway.

@Marcus: Awesome, I can't wait to see more magic!

Dec 10, 2008
I read the same routine (with other touches) in the dg lecture notes and to be honest the ending of the routine in the notes is a lot stronger and very visual but ive been using ring heist/ stretch in my repertoire for about a year i love it. But the vanish in stretch was probably what made me start doing the routine in the first place. When i watched DG do it it looked like real magic.

Dec 10, 2008
No he makes the ring vanish!(even cooler) but he also does make the second band vanish before he vanishes the ring

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results