One Month Anniversary Trick

Jan 16, 2011
Hello all,
So, my girlfriend and I have our one month anniversary coming up this weekend. I would like to do a magic trick for her, but I have no idea what to do....any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Harry Potter

Nov 19, 2010
patrick kun has a cool valentines trick he created and taught on youtube it would be pretty cool

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
Anniversary Waltz?

Personally, I'm not a really big fan of doing magic "romantically". It's ok to do for your girlfriend but when you start to think of the magic more than her, then there's a problem. I think its cheesy and it's like a personality crutch.

May 24, 2011
or you could start pulling roses out of nowhere. Just try to remember to deal with the thorns ahead of time.

May 15, 2011
Burn a rose and make it reappear out of the ashes. It might be too soon in the relationship for that though.

Apr 1, 2009
California
Dont do it... Its a month... Its still in the development stages of the relationship... Show her some romance to reel her in... Think... Dinner

Mar 22, 2010

That, right there, is the best trick you can ever do for any girl.

If you want a slightly more extensive answer, here's what's up. Yes, you love magic. Yes, she's probably somewhat amused and/or entertained by the fact that you like magic. Notice I said "like" there. Truth be told, if you're anything like half the guys on these boards (myself not excluded though ;)), she probably hasn't even begun to grasp what it means to you and how enthousiastic and passionate you are about your hobby. Chances are that she might not interpret your intentions correctly.

From your post and your question you appear to be rather young, and as such (though I might be wrong here, and I apologize in advance if I am), I'm biased to say that your performance skills might not yet be fully up to par. Because of this, I'd shy away from trying to create a "magical romantic moment" through the use of magic.

Why not try to create a "magical romantic moment" through the use of romance instead?

[Edit]

I forgot something. In case you decide to be stubborn and go with the original plan, pick something self-working or very low on sleight of hand, since you don't have a lot of time to practice. Then, do everything in your power to make it about her. Really, take your time to sit down, and think about exactly what you want to say to her through this gesture. Make absolutely sure that she will not interpret it as "look what I can do". Then, after you've shown her your magic, still take her out to dinner (and as final advice, this is also a guaranteed win as a make-up in case she does interpret it incorrectly).

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results