Making a DVD and Getting permission by the artist?

Dec 1, 2010
Hey Guys I really need help with this subject. I am putting out a DVD and I need to see how I get permission from the artist AND finding out who even created the tricks to begin with. The DVD is going to be very simple stuff, here is a list of the trick and description. Can anyone help out with who created these tricks and how I could get there permission??

1.) Salt shaker through table

2.) Paradise - This is where you have a spectator roll two dice and what ever number they land on (say its 8) they count down that many cards in the deck and you know the what the "8th" card down is

3.) Ashes on hand- This is where you can get ashes (or lipstick) on the palm of someone's hand by rubbing it on the outside of there hand.

4.) Pencil bill- This is where you can break a pencil with a dollar bill

5.) Bag Bend- This is where you cut the top off of a ziplock bag (leaving on the part that opens and locks shut) and you make it look like its bending one its own.

*******PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THE HISTORY OR CREATOR OF THESE TRICK OR HOW I COULD GET IN TOUCH WITH THEM******

THANKS!!!!!!!!!

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Spade,
I don't want to sound negative but 3 out of the 5 of those have been in tons of magic books world wide as well as on beginner DVD's so I guess my question is why would you want to release something that has already been out there for ages that most magicians and laymen alike already know how to do? Surely you aren't trying to do it just to make a quick buck?

Dec 1, 2010
There is a method to my madness ; ) I'm aware of that, thanks though. I'm not out to make a quick buck but do you know that history, inventors of any of these?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results