Theory11 vs Ellusionist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 28, 2011
As we all know, ellusionist are printing cards for quite a while now, and they have a huge success. Why ? Because they come up with commercial designs. If i had to compare T11 and E , i would say that T11 is Ed Marlo and E is Dai Vernon.. Marlo didn`t care about money (he gave his tricks to any magazine that was interested in publishing them, for free). He did magic only because he loved magic. That`s how i see T11... they make playing cards, because they love magic.. Unfortunately this is not enough.. I`m sure you sick and tired to hear people asking you about black cards, but that`s what they want, and that`s what they buy.

I`m also sure that the idea of Bicycle Guardians Black has been brought into discussion over and over again over the years. I`ve tried making a Black Guardians design and it looks perfect. I really didn`t think it would end up looking so nice... and i didn`t even have to make many changes to the original design.

You already have the design, you have the idea.. people are asking for it.. then why don`t you print it? If you ever decide to create a black guardians deck, send me a message here on the forum, and i`ll show you the design i made. Thanks.

b+w

Dec 10, 2008
York, United Kingdom
I think your Marlo/Vernon analogy is pretty weak.
I also have to disagree with black faced cards. If you took a poll over all magicians or even just a selection of say 1000, I can guarantee you that the vast majority would rather white faced cards with white borders than totally black faces and borders any day of the week.

Jun 28, 2011
I think your Marlo/Vernon analogy is pretty weak.
I also have to disagree with black faced cards. If you took a poll over all magicians or even just a selection of say 1000, I can guarantee you that the vast majority would rather white faced cards with white borders than totally black faces and borders any day of the week.

Nobody said black cards are the preferred ones. Not at all.. I totally agree with you. I`ve been performing magic for over 3 years now, and I have never used black cards. But they still have a huge number of fans. This is how Ellusionist started.. with black cards.. and the success was immediate. You gave an example with a selection of 1000 magicians. Let`s say 700 of them prefer white cards. Why leave the other 300 to the competition when you can make all 1000 of them your clients? And.. about the Vernon/Marlo analogy don`t worry, it`s a bit deeper... you wouldn`t understand it anyhow.

May 19, 2010
It's like Coke and Pepsi. Neither company is better than the other. Just some people like one over the other. Or they like both. It's a matter of preference. And maybe theory11 doesn't print black cards simply because they don't want to or it's not their style? Maybe they'd rather focus their energy towards other projects? Just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results