The Supernaturalist :: TONIGHT on Discovery

Aug 31, 2007
After months and months of speculation, and anticipation, we are proud to announce that our very own Dan White‘s magic special, The Supernaturalist, will premiere TONIGHT at 10:00pm EST on Discovery.

The one hour special features not only magic in it’s purest form, but also a journey through a variety of intriguing cultures, religions and people of all walks of life. Dan’s magic breaks the language barrier.

Watch outstanding magic being performed for a global audience, all the while exploring the roots of this artform we all love.

Please join me and everyone on the theory11 team in congratulating Dan – this is a monumental achievement.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Is it going to be able to be viewed anywhere online afterwords :p

I believe the show is actually airing twice tonight, so if you miss it the first time, you have a second chance! Set your DVR and Tivo and help spread the word. It's a rare, outstanding achievement, and I'm proud to share the good news. Dan is a part of this site and this community, and his success should be applauded and cheered as our own. True, sincere congratulations to DW - and I'm excited to watch the show tonight with all of you.

Nov 8, 2009
Not going to lie, show was very entertaining!

Fun to watch, interesting in it's history, and filled with magic!

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Absolutely loved the final production. Full of magic, and the first magic special in a long time that truly blurred the line between real magic and illusion. Which effect did you guys like the most? So much GREAT magic - the moon vanish, the bill change, Smoke, some great card magic, a super creative application for SAW, and a whole lot more. Loved it.

Nov 8, 2007
As far as effects go I liked Smoke and Forbidden. Both of those just felt very real.

What I really liked was how the show told a quest story, and how the host was a magician looking for something that was truly mystical. Good angle that made for a good special. Hope it gets picked up as a series.

Congrats, Dan!

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I really enjoyed the story line but I guess I was hoping to see a few more live performances. Was this a one time shot or is there more footage that can be made into another episode? The way everything was shot, edited, sound and mood was very entertaining. Well done.

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
I really liked it! It didn't seem like just another magic special where there's some guy just doing some random magic for people. It was more like a journey, where the explorer just so happened to be a magician. There were some great pieces of magic, they all seemed truly impromptu and really organic. I was actually afraid for Dan, I'm sitting here on the edge of my seat actually thinking that this monk would kill him or something. But its good to see that he didn't. :)

Very well done, great job Dan! :)

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
The Supernaturalist turned out to be one of my favorite TV Specials of all time. Everything about it was real and told a story. All the shots fit together and the magic performed was simply amazing to those people. Dan kept everything simple to understand and hit the nail on the head with this one. I hope that future magic specials follow along the path of actually telling a story. It makes much more sense this way.

Loved everything about it. Congrats Dan on an awesome special!

REAPER

Elite Member
Feb 26, 2009
That was a great, enlightening special.. I really want to learn the light bulb effect since I am kind of a junkie for electricity effects, haha..

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhhhhh! I missed it!!!! I wasn't able to get home at any of those times, if someone could send me a link of it, if someone has uploaded to youtube or through torre...tarantula, I would really appreciate it :D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results