Big Ass Box of Magic Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

XabierL

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2010
Hi everyone!

I want to ask if anyone has a list with the content of the big ass box of magic Jay Sankey released some time ago. Just in order to check everything's right when it arrives...

Thanks!

XabierL

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2010
Yeah, but before and during the release there was a full list of content in his site... Then it was misteriously deleted. I'm asking if someone has it just to make sure everything has arrived when I open the package. Thanks to everyone!

Oct 25, 2010
My box didn't have hijacked, the disappearance, or inseparable. Your also had two gimmicks that I don't. However, I received killer key, juicier fruit, holy stretch (not happy about that one), pandora's box, sleight of hand secrets with coins, and the shifty gimmick. The untitled dvd is his International. I also have duplicate instructions for hellbent and untorn and two hellbent gimmicks. The final fusion boxes, I have two reds with the same card....the big ass box is still an insane deal but I feel a little jaded, you know. I have gifts for fellow magicians now at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 19, 2009
Calgary, AB
My box didn't have hijacked, the disappearance, or inseparable. Your also had two gimmicks that I don't. However, I received killer key, juicier fruit, holy stretch (not happy about that one), pandora's box, sleight of hand secrets with coins, and the shifty gimmick. The untitled dvd is his International. I also have duplicate instructions for hellbent and untorn and two hellbent gimmicks. The final fusion boxes, I have two reds with the same card....the big ass box is still an insane deal but I feel a little jaded, you know. I have gifts for fellow magicians now at least.

Im not sure why you would feel jaded at all! Every big box is different and thats what kinda make it exciting. Now I will admit I think I received one of the better ones but no matter what you get it awesome! Thats my 2 cents!

Jul 9, 2011
I feel just as jaded as you! Mine was missing TEN items which were on the list as well as I didnt receive Final Fusion Gimmicks.
I had only FOUR items sent in place of the TEN missing, 10-4=SIX, I feel jaded as well my friend! Not only that out of the 4 "replacements" I own them already! I sent an email to jays people and pretty much got told tough luck. infact it said

"sorry you are disappointed. That's def not what we want you to feel.

Thank goodness sooooooooo many of other customers don't feel the same way."

It also went on to say that Jay stated previous that Items were limited and not garunteed to be inside your box - which is bull. When I spen $200 on a list I expect that list or very close to that list to be put in: Here's what mine was missing...

SUPERNATURAL--$30.00
INTERNATIONAL--$15.00
JUICIER FRUIT--$15.00
SHIFT--$10.00
UNTORN--$15.00
Final Fusion Gimmicks * Wasn't on original list but shown in video's*
TRANZ4MR--$15.00
99--$25.00
RAZOR'S EDGE (only the US quarter)--$15.00
HOLY STRETCH--$20.00
KILLER KEY (US quarter)--$25.00
PANDORA'S BOX--$25.00

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
I've been hearing a lot of this, and it makes me glad that I didn't support this. Daniel and I have spoken and some of the things occurring in his correspondances with Sankey Magic's customer support are, simply put, very unprofessional and rude. To say "Sorry you're not happy, but all of our other customers are, so we don't care about you" is far from right and far from good customer service.

As it stands, based on this, you'll be hard pressed to see me purchase another Sankey product again. And, if you know anything about me, that's really saying something.

Oct 25, 2010
I do agree, michalmystic, the set is still awesome and I don't mind the pot luck factor because all of the material is good. But when you give that much money to a professional you don't expect mistakes. Even minor ones. And I emailed jay also. No response yet.

Jul 9, 2011
To hear that come out of MM's mouth is something folks - Since the day I met Mike he talked up of Jay and all of his products as thought he was some type of 'Idol'

Well folks here are some exerpts from previous emails from Eric: I have emailed back telling him to not worry about emailing be back if he's going to give me the run around, I only want this issue to be even remotely rectified and not be talked down to. May I point out this guy must not be able to spell definitely since all he says is "DEF"

"Still, sorry you are disappointed. That's def not what we want you to feel. Thank goodness sooooooooo many of other customers don't feel the same way. Have a great weekend,"

"yours is the first to be LESS THAN RAVING with excitement." (Meaning everyone else likes it so tough luck)

"Reconstruction labels were DEF included with all orders. International was def included with all orders. Untorn was def included with all orders. So at this point I'm not sure WHAT to think." - (so now I'm being called a liar, I later found untorn in between lecture notes, and the labels inside a DVD case, but no international)

"If you can't enjoy it, that's not our responsibility." - ISN'T THAT WHAT CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ABOUT!?

"We def aren't about to deal with ANY complaints" - Probably why he's ignoring other emails, I had to send 15+ before a reply

Please feel free to email me at d.steep@tcc.on.ca any emails you received from Eric or any complaints you have about the Big Ass Box of Misdirection. I'm compiling it all for an iTricks Column and Cafe Post.

Jay Sankey has become such a big marketing joke that I have stopped supporting him. The whole "Bending the Real" project REALLY nailed in the fact the fact that he's not really worried about putting out quality magic anymore. Now that I've heard about his customer service, I'm "def" not ordering anything from him.

Jan 29, 2009
Hi everyone!

I want to ask if anyone has a list with the content of the big ass box of magic Jay Sankey released some time ago. Just in order to check everything's right when it arrives...

Thanks!

I tried to post this yesterday, but it said it had to get approval from the mod. No approval yet? I am retrying:

HERE'S WHAT'S INSIDE 'THE BIG ASS BOX OF MAGIC.....'

BEGINNER MAGIC + MENTALISM

AMAZING MAGIC + MENTALISM (VOL 1)--$15.00
AMAZING MAGIC + MENTALISM (VOL 2)--$15.00

SLEIGHT-OF-HAND SECRETS WITH CARDS--$25.00

SLEIGHT-OF-HAND SECRETS WITH COINS--$25.00

EARPLUGS--$20.00

ADVANCED SLEIGHT-OF-HAND

REVOLUTIONARY COIN MAGIC--$40.00
EXTREMELY AMBITIOUS--$30.00

INTERNATIONAL--$15.00

STREET MAGIC

JUICIER FRUIT--$15.00
SANKEY'S BEST STREET MAGIC--$25.00

HELLBENT--$15.00

FOREIGN EXCHANGE--$15.00

VANISHINK--$25.00

WRAP IT UP--$25.00

MAGIC WITH GIMMICKED PLAYING CARDS

INSIDER (refill envelopes)--$10.00
FINAL FUSION (refill)--$10.00

SHIFT--$10.00

UNTORN--$15.00

RECONSTRUCTION (refill labels)--$10.00

TRANZ4MR--$15.00

MORE MENTALISM

M3NTAL--$10.00
ASTRAL PROJECTION--$25.00

JUST IMAGINE--$25.00

SANKEY'S BEST MENTALISM--$25.00

99--$25.00

INVISIBLE (DVD ONLY)--$20.00

RARE DISCONTINUED PRODUCTS

RAZOR'S EDGE (only the US quarter)--$15.00

HOLY STRETCH--$20.00
KILLER KEY (US quarter)--$25.00

INSEPARABLE--$20.00

BLOCKBUSTER--$25.00

PANDORA'S BOX--$25.00

COLLECTION OF RARE LECTURE NOTES

VERY BEST OF SM NEWSLETTER--$20.00
2004-2005 NOTES--$10.00

HOLIDAY MAGIC--$10.00

FIVE STRONG EFFECTS by BORIS POCUS--$10.00

Jul 9, 2011
Agreed

Jay Sankey has become such a big marketing joke that I have stopped supporting him. The whole "Bending the Real" project REALLY nailed in the fact the fact that he's not really worried about putting out quality magic anymore. Now that I've heard about his customer service, I'm "def" not ordering anything from him.

I couldnt agree with you more mayniac! Jay Scam-key is becoming a sell out IMHO - MIke Kras was part of a competition with Jay and he cancelled it without letting anyone know what was happening - his excuse was subpar submissions. He promised Kras a DVD weeks ago and still nothing.

Currently I now hav 19 yes NINETEEN Big AsS Rip Off Box (BAROB) Customers that have emailed me details which they were unhappy with, and THREE not including myself have reported to the Better Business Beureau for False Advertising.

If I wasn't upset enough this really got me - Jay put the BAROB on his website a few days in advance advising people to not order before 2pm EST on a certain date or they wouldn't get one. A magician friend in another country (who I'll keep nameless, he can chime in if he wants) Ordered the box hours early, paid the $50.00 shipping fee ONLY - and got a FULL box! Yup thats right FULL PAYING Customers get upset about not being given what was promised - and people pay $50 and get treated like royalty!

Quote from said magician - " I placed order and paid before the time line. Because of it, I paid only 50 bucks which was for shipping. Instead of cancelling my order, he send me the big box!!"

Remember to keep emailing me with your unsatisfied story - emails from "eric" etc. so I can continue to keep them on file, submit them to the better business beaurau and keep them for an ongoing article.

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
To be clear on what Daniel has said, this was for the Bending The Real competition, which Jay said he cancelled because there were too few overall submissions. He did, however, say he intended to send those who entered prizes anyway, but I haven't heard anything else of this for a while.

Sep 1, 2007
I'm still waiting for my box to arrive. After reading all of this, I've got my fingers crossed. Hopefully it won't be a total ripoff.

Jul 9, 2011
I'm still waiting for my box to arrive. After reading all of this, I've got my fingers crossed. Hopefully it won't be a total ripoff.

Good luck Nick - if you're at all unsatisfied make sure you email "eric" in their customer service dept. and let them know! Also feel free to send me any emails regarding the matter so I can continue to forward materials to the better business beaurau - d.steep@tcc.on.ca

Jul 9, 2011
Well I'm now up to 21 people who have sent disregards.

Quotes from other letters:

"bait & switch isn't right, no matter what the value, and again I really don't like being blown off."

"Whatever the case, these 'replacements' are clearly far from equivalent-- far fewer, and while I know magic isn't all about the gimmicks, replacing several tricks with props with a few DVDS, some of them 1-trick, feels lame..."

If you have anything else to add for the better business, let me know as my file is now being investigated.

Jul 9, 2011
Latest email from Eric - states that him and the rest of the jay crew "been having a good laugh here in the office"

As well they've decided to check out my web page, and email me back with criticism and rude remarks on my photographs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results